Saturday, April 11, 2009

real food

i don't know, maybe you guys are getting tired hearing about what i am eating.... But understand to me this is all so exciting, it seems like it has been months since I've been on clear liquids , but in reality it was just 3 weeks ago, (2o days since my surgery). i began real foods on Friday at lunch during work. Fridays is treat day for the staff, The Doctor or a Drug rep provides us with lunch..... lets see the menu was skewers of barbecue shrimp, saffron rice, pasta in a very creamy yummy sauce, fruit, salad, pastries and petite fores, and soft bread sticks. I took one skewer of shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the pasta. I chewed slowly, and had absolutely no problems. Today i was at a baby shower, and there was so much yummy food there........ not even going to list what was available........ i took a little dessert plate, and i put on 1/4 c of Polenta (cornmeal mush), w a tomato and shredded chicken sauce, i had a pickled egg, 1 olive, and a meatball. i couldn't eat the meatball, but i did enjoy and tolerate everything else. Even the green olive, (which by the way, have you ever chewed an olive until it was almost liquid in your mouth??) try it sometime??? i didn't have the cake, but i did have a little square of this delicious sugar free, fat free..... lemon dessert, it was so good, i questioned the lady who made it twice, if she was sure it was sugar free... she insists so and will be giving me the recipe. i never experienced pain or nausea, just a little pressure when it was time for me to be done eating. i was full, and comfortable....... and truly didn't think i missed out on anything... Megan, Christina's daughter in law, whom she shares with me, kept saying in shock.......... "you are melting away, " she even noticed a big difference since last weekend ... i don't know how i am doing it........ i really don't, i am just doing what i am supposed to.... but i am more convinced than ever that THIS was God's plan for me, i am on the right path...
Supper tonight was my basic re fried bean/light cheddar/ light sour cream. i want to slowly add my foods, and right now I'll stick to the soft/pureed foods for 2 meals, and eat normal for one meal....
well i think i will go dust and sweep my bedroom...... so tomorrow, other than a nice walk, i can just chill.......
Happy Easter To all

oh Patti, i found the wasa crackers, and I'll try them tomorrow for one of my meals.

oh and i checked my blood pressure today......... without medicine for the past 4 days........ 112/80.......... that is what is truly AWESOME about this whole journey.... i tried to go back on my blood pressure medicine for a few days.....but i found i was too tired..... I have an appointment in a couple weeks, so i'll keep monitoring it.....

1 comment:

Patti Rambles On said...

Let me know what you think of the WASA. I had one today with some regular cheese (I've been spreading Laughing Cow Light) and it was pretty good.
Good numbers with the BP.
Tell me about the SF Lemon squares. I'm always looking for a good lemony recipe.
:xoxo: