Friday, April 17, 2009

First really yucky feeling........

Yesterday was a very busy day........ left for work at 8:30 am, came home at 2:00pm, went directly to Christina's for our 3 mile walk, came home, went directly with Bill grocery shopping....... came home, by the time i put groceries away.. it was 8:30 pm time for a bath and bed........ Now what did i do to get myself sick..... i let myself get hungry since lunch was at noon.......... i should have eaten before i went for groceries, but i just wanted to hurry up and get it over with. I didn't want to go anywhere to eat, Bill went to Rita's for some Italian ice, i had the sample taste of sugar free pineapple, *free, and that is all i needed. But while putting groceries and cooking for the family, i made my protein shake to sip, and realizing that the time was getting late.... i started to eat my chicken while i was multitasking (putting groceries away, cooking for the men, making my curry chicken salad, drinking my shake, cleaning the kitchen) i ate too fast, ............. and i wasn't mindful of how i was eating. so suddenly i didn't feel well, and i suddenly felt really full, i had chest pressure/pain........nothing came up, i didn't have a productive burp or anything. so i decided to just sit down, relax, and do some deep breathing..... after about 15 minutes, the pressure and pain left, now i just felt full....... after another 45 minutes i started to sip water, and then as suddenly as i felt sick, i felt better!!! As my life becomes more "Normal" after surgery i am going to need to focus on "the rules" How could I have done things different? i should have eaten before i went for groceries.. and then that way i would have came home and just had my shake to get in. I have 2 more weeks before i get my fill/adjustment. and then i do a mini-start all over. with fluids for 24 hours, pureed for 24 hours.... and then slowly adding my foods again..... its also 2 more weeks before Johnny owns me again. Warm weather, a set work schedule.. this all could work for me. every other job i had since i've became a nurse, never had a set schedule......... so i must admit, it is sorta nice to know when i am working........ so far I like the hours. i am still juggling with kiski and my new job for another month.......and i am finding this difficult as i have very few actual days off. (this week i only have Sat off).
Well i should getting going........ laundry to wash, beds to make, floors to sweep....... i like to have it all done so when i come home after 5... i don't have chores staring at me...........

No comments: