Monday, April 13, 2009

A Nice Walk......

Yesterday was such a nice day. because the kids go to grandma's for the "Easter" dinner, i decided to do homemade Stromboli's for lunch... they turned out really good. i was able to eat just a few bites, and i was fine with that. I made myself some baked ricotta with a little sauce and seasonings........ I am concentrating on 3 meals a day and 3 protein shakes a day. and my water in between. i am not craving foods right now, it hasn't bothered me that i can't eat what i used to....
Bill and i headed out the door with two of the dogs, (we left Izzy home). and went across the road to walk on Chris' farm (can't call it the golf course anymore). this was my first REAL walk since surgery. i mean i've been walking, slow and on level ground for a couple weeks now. but yesterdays walk WAS NOT level in the least. I felt really good, we ended up doing almost 3 miles..... i didn't even wake up sore this morning. i wonder if the weight I've dropped already had made it easier on my body to walk/hike like this already??? could be. I plan on going this afternoon after work again~ time to get back into a routine. still have a couple more weeks before i can begin my weight training with brother Johnny. but there is no excuse not to up my Cardio.
Well i should get going, cause i leave in an hour, and i got to fit in a glass of water, a protein shake, and my quiche before i leave, cause once i eat the quiche, i can't drink again for an hour....
Make it a good one folks........

No comments: