Friday, April 03, 2009

~~> and it wasn't pureed!!!!

i had my first post op check up, it has been two week since surgery. Everything looks great..... he said i was doing "awesome" not counting the 10 gained post surgery, i've lost almost 20lbs in 2 weeks....... (*a little more if i weighed naked, my weight that i do at home doesn't involve clothing... just seems more accurate that way. and i cheated and weighed myself yesterday and lost 4 more since the last 7 lbs loss). The Doctor said it was a fabulous beginning.... i just assumed that most people lose that much weight the first two weeks..... He said no, it is rare!
So i've been a good girl....... food wise, so he said i no longer have to puree' everything.... i can eat mechanical soft foods now...... and i will continue to add soft foods in the next two weeks....... and then start regular foods. i am to keep track of how much i eat, how full i feel, what foods i can and cannot tolerate.... all this info is needed so they know how to adjust my band. His last order was to go some place and have mashed potato's........
Bill and I stopped to eat, i ordered the senior citizen/child's portion of baked cod, and a scoop of potato's and gravy... i was a little scared to take my first bit...... so i take a small piece of fish, chew it well........ and swallow........ nothing happened..... so i continued to eat slowly...... thinking wow this isn't bothering me at all..... and then the next bite, i felt a little pressure in the middle of my chest, it wasn't painful at all...... but i was suddenly done eating...... i ate 1/2 of my children's portion of lunch
i am not allowed to drink for an hour after a meal....... so i can resume drinking my water now.
i have a very busy weekend planned, and it begins tonight, so i am going to go take a nap now...... have a great weekend

No comments: