Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Check up with my doctor today

and what a nice visit it was. I was his last patient before lunch hour, so he took A.L.O.T. of time to talk to me. I am feeling really good right now, and he could tell by looking at me. He agreed to let me try Johns exercise/eating plan for the 8weeks, He'd like me to continue to see him every 3 months so he can follow my progress, and keep an eye on my blood pressure. he put me on a different BP medicine as the other one hasn't really kept my pressure down I am on Exforge now, which is a combination of Norvac and Diovon he truly feels, as the weight comes off, I will prob need to be weened off of the BP medicine. We went over my chart, and it is decided that the ulcer and stomach problems came from the steroids and antibiotics in high doses..... well we knew that, but now it is confirmed! And truly for being 100 lbs over weight, i am pretty dang healthy. good kidney, gallbladder, mildly fatty but healthy liver, all my blood work including Cholesterol, and Triglycerides, are good. my blood sugars are good. He offered me medication for my knee, i declined at this point, I will continue with the George or Ben, whirlpool Epsom salts soaks, knee brace, and icing it in the evenings. He did put me on glucosamine chondroitin........ or something like that :~) , So over all, a good visit.
This is a long week for me, and Friday can't come soon enough...... i am tired today. At least tomorrow i work one job with hours 7:30a until 12:30p and then a track meet in the afternoon to watch Katie and Corey.
Not much longer, and May will be over..... and school will be out, and Katie will begin another phase of her life......... oh my.. i am going to get depressed if i think much more.
talk to you later,

oh Christina seems to be feeling a little better today....... she's even working at the Golf Course

No comments: