Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And why can't double chocolate turtle cheesecake count???

Maybe we as a nation jump at the instant fix too quickly :~) We want to loose weight, so we dream of taking the "magic" pill that will work this time. We can't sleep, lets pop a sleeping pill, they make great over the counter ones now....who needs the doctor? Muscles ache, pop a pill... okay that is what i am really getting at. Normally as painful as muscles felt yesterday, along with the dreaded cramps i was having, I'd pop some prescription strength ibuprofen. Well because of the tummy troubles, i didn't have that option. So instead i took a steamy Epsom Salt Whirlpool bath, and then I put George on all by myself........Bill helped with the part of my back that i could not reach. and that is it Miss anonymous Katie :~P, I slept so well last night, and i woke up feeling pretty refreshed, muscles aren't yelling right now, they are just whispering!

What i am having problems with though, is making the calories. for instance last night I'll give you my menu of what i had..... lots of food

Meal #1 2 flax and fiber toast
1 tbs. of margarine
2 hard boiled egg's
2 slices of crispy bacon

Meal #2 2 flax and fiber bread
2oz of lean turkey breast
1 slice of Havarti cheese
1 Sugar Free pudding 1/2 cup

Meal #3 1 flat wrap whole grain and flax
1/4 c of pizza sauce
1 oz of lw fat shredded cheese
Red bell peppers

Meal #4 1 Cup of pasta
1 serving of lean meat sauce
lettuce salad
1 tbs of Italian dressing/ made with olive oil
1 small orange

Meal # 5 1 cup of strawberries
1 cup of sugar free low carb low fat vanilla yogurt
1 flax and fiber bread
1 tbs. of almond butter

these totaled 1945 calories, all the carbs are the complex kind, no sugar or white flour. So i couldn't imagine eating anything else. if only a huge slice of cheesecake could count.. then i'd have no problem. i am still 200-400 calories off of where John wants me to be. I could easily get the calories up with a hoho or something, but i got to get the calories up, and keep the carbs and fat down...... Maybe i can find a good nutritional bar or shake to use. Do any of you have any ideas how to increase my intake with something nutritionally dense???
oh my numbers are running about 50% complex carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat.

make it a good one. Thanks for all of your support as i try to change my health around. i am tired of hospitals and tests, and doctor appointments......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You will have to show me some of those core exercises sometime soon, Sandi! I miss you!

Sandi said...

there are 3 of them Gina, and i'd love to show you. and i am only supposed to do them 3 times a week. that is it..... Bill and I are going walking this afternoon... i am just saying. not sure of your schedule. i miss you too... we gotta get together soon

Unknown said...

I will e-mail you...

Chris said...

What about the Curves shakes? I don't have one right here so I don't know the calories off hand.