Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Will I feel different tomorrow........

it's just another day..... but after tomorrow I will no longer be in my thirties....... i guess it's a milestone for many.... but truly it's just a number..... last birthday......i was in way worse shape, i remember having bronchitis so bad, i couldn't walk a few feet without loosing my breath, i was on all kinds of steroids and antibiotics and medicine..... i felt hopeless. My foot was terrible, and i had so much pain. I was working 3 jobs, had my In Laws move in with me, I was under sooooooooo much stress............

Tomorrow i turn 40. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I can hike up to 5 miles. I work one job that gives me the least stress. I am NOT on medicine. I am eating better, i am praying more, I am laughing more. I have one of the best friends anyone could ask for. and I have a large circle of great friends who are supporting and always there for me. I met Melody, well sorta of, i met her as an angel. i began my Quest "{ Melody's mile}". So yeah, I am going to be 40 but it sure feels good hitting 40 on the right road.

Now i will think twice when i say my friend Christina is almost 50. i mean after all i think she is like 45 or 47. i am right behind her.

P.S. i was tired early this morning but Christina talked me into walking on the course this am.....i walked approx 3 miles. i am feeling good

3 comments:

Kim said...

Darn it! I was hoping to catch you slacking on your blog! No such luck. You're very consistent......so......happy Birthday Eve! 40 is great. Like you said, a number, it's what you make of it. One of the greatest gifts my mother could have given to me was that of not being all hung up on age. It's kind of like, you are what you are. Now what are you going to do with it.
But I am preachin' to the choir here! I am going to my parent's house this week-end but am planning to go hiking with you next weekend if you have time.
Okay, love ya, sis!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Great job on the exercise and big hugs to your walking buddy who got ya out there walking today. I agree, your network of friends and family are priceless. They are so supportive of you, your health and your happiness, what a true blessing.

As far as the big 4.0., what a wonderful thing. You have lived on this earth for 40 years, what a gift and impact to this world you have been. I rejoice in knowing that kind and loving individuals such as yourself are hear on this earth to continue walking, the mile.

Enjoy your special day and I'll be sure to walk an extra 40 minutes this week, in honor of you and your life on this earth.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my bestest friend! Welcome to my decade!! It's actually a fun place to be. Seriously Sandi, I am so proud of you for what you've accomplished in such a short amount of time! You're on your way to being a HAPPY and HEALTHY senior citizen! (sorry I couldn't resist)
p.s. I'm 45