Thursday, May 03, 2007

4 months today

I can't believe that it's been 4 months since I promised the angel in Heaven that I would change in honor of her. It was on January 3rd that i first read her journal, It was on January 3rd that i cried so hard for a stranger i never met. It was on this day that I promised Melody that I would make life changes in her honor, and someday I'd be able to do a 10 mile hike again. It was on this day that i re evaluated my life, and stopped feeling sorry for myself... See Melody, I have not forgotten, and never will

Its starting to wake up.........Spring that is, it's like things are just turning green overnight...... and the flowers and trees blooming.......this world is just dang right pretty at times.
I did go to Curves today, and the workout was very difficult. I really pushed myself on the machines, and i needed to recover on the recovery boards. Esp you women will understand, i actually woke up feeling...... thinner this morning!!!! you know what i am talking about, those "fat" mornings are so depressing. I think the added Cardio, hiking outdoors, has upped my level of exercise a notch. Both Chris and I agreed that even though the aerobics walking tapes can work you out......it's NOT the same as doing it in the great outdoors. you just use different muscles, and the hills, what can I say about the hills..... "hills are my best friend, and my worst enemy."
Speaking of which, i used the inhaler last night, and I did feel much better... not coughing as much through the night. although i didn't sleep well, got up at 3am with a lot on my mind dealing with family. Nothing major, but i am going to have to stick to my guns on this one. letting "it" happen would put stress in our home...." and I am just learning to say No, even to my brother whom i love very much!!! This too is apart of my fitness quest...... learning how to deal with stress, learning to eliminate unnecessary stress, (he'd like his 21 year old son to move in with Us) It's a long story, But it's something i can't take on right now...... this year is me, me, me, all about me....well that's what i am trying... I want to get healthy again. and in past post, i still find that i need to remind myself,
......it's not about weight loss
.....it's not about nice clothes in a smaller size
....it's not the number on the scale
.... it's not even about riding a roller coaster next year

it's about a healthy heart, a strong spirit, a gentle soul, it's about dealing with stress, taking time to pray.......it's about being with God...... it's about Soaring with the Eagle today, it's about Me~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, maybe I should go back to Curves, only this time in New Alex...I never got the workout at the Blairsville one that you guys describe! And I like to feel that I worked the machines hard. Oh well. I'm glad to hear it's working out for you, Sandy! If you ever need company on one of your hikes, I'd be willing to huff and puff alongside you any time.

Sandi said...

hey Gina I am taking you up on that....i'd like to go for one on Sat, Maybe we could talk Christina into leaving the comfort of her golf course.... I know others that joined Curves.......but didn't feel it either..... Kim is a pretty good instructor......and she really pushes you on the machine

Anonymous said...

I know that our Father must be smiling big time while saying, "That's my lil girl, the one right over there, guarding the temple I gave her."

Keep soaring...