Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What a long day......

Oh my such a long day yesterday, I left my house at 5:15 am, and returned at 10:45 pm. I went with the 5th graders of our local school to Gettysburg. I've been there a few times before with the school.... The big thing that i noticed, while sitting on the bus for so long, my legs did NOT ache. I did a lot of walking. My pedometer said 6.5 miles. a lot of that was outside and some of that was on trails in the woods, and gee i must say....... i didn't even get away from the hills.... lots of hills. I ate well, i snacked on walnuts, string cheese, grapes, strawberries, Kashi whole grain crackers and lots of water... my sandwich was natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread (1 slice). So i made that my lunch/snacks. we stopped to eat at 7:15pm and by this point everyone was starving...... i was sooooooooo hungry.. it was burger king.......... i ordered a cheeseburger and small onion rings... and water!! I really wanted to order a double whopper/ xlarge fries/lg cherry coke and chocolate pie (hey i said i was starving) the little kids meal was just fine.....
my cramping was minimal..... and luckily the "heavy" stuff waited until the end of the trip, so over all things worked out.
Today is a very busy day....... i go to Curves to workout, and then stay for the beginning of my nutrition classes. at least get the book, figure out what the plan is......and get things organized. I am not going to lie to you, I think it's going to be hard to follow the eating program, than it was for me to get into the exercise routine. But, I know that I CAN do it......... no excuses......... they are asking for 6 weeks of my time........ what is 6 weeks in the scheme of life right??
so after Curves, i come home, get ready Go to work....... after work i am going to meet hubby and his family at a restaurant....... they are taking Mom out to dinner for Mothers day early. I see no end...
I will be 40 years old in just two day's, .......and i must say i am more on track now that I have been in a long long time...
Chris, I may be stuck at Curves until almost 11am..... and i plan on leaving around 9am this morning to get there to work out at 9;15-9:30 , we are meeting at 10:00am, and i am hoping to get out at around 10:30-10:45, actually that is when i am getting out.....i got to......... have work. I don't want to keep you away from your work any longer than you have to be...... so let me know..

It's a beautiful day today......

________________________________________________

oh, P.S. I must comment on my foot that had surgery...... i did NOT bother me at all, i just remembered last year when i went to Gettysburg, my foot hurt me so bad, minimal walking about killed me.... I think my wonderful surgeon did very well fixing my foot, and God did great healing my foot :0)

________________________________________________

and P.S.S.
Annonymous, thank you so much for the prayer before my trip.... it was uneventful as far as children getting ill, And i must say no cramping for me.... it was a touching thing, and i appriciate the prayer. God Bless you and yours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a full day you had and what wonderful news about you feeling well throughout the day.

Your busy day today sounds like, "inspiration" to the rest of us out here. Makes me wanna get my rear up and get those joints a-movin.

Enjoy your evening and blessings to you and yours as well.