Monday, May 14, 2007

Joys and Concerns

let me begin with the joys... first of all, I had a wonderful day yesterday. My kids made me a gourmet breakfast in bed, all sitting with me while i enjoyed it! boy has there been an improvement in the breakfast over the past 10 years. Now it is truly edible. they picked me up a wonderful gift, (without Bills help) Bill and I went for a great walk in the evening!

today at curves i "measured/weighed in" I must say i am pleased.... and slightly confused, I've dropped almost 10 inches this month alone... but my weight didn't drop!!!! I mean I've lost almost 20 inches in about 3 months. I feel thinner...... so i am assuming, i am really building up the lean muscle tissue..... I am happy!!!

Now for my fear and concern........ i am committed to doing the Curves 6 week weight loss solution. the plan is very doable...... but i do have the fear that i won't be able to do it. i have the fear that I won't succeed. I realize this is apart of my over all health quest. So if i put my mind to it....pray for God to guide me through it........ i guess there is nothing to fear. The first week is the toughest...... but i use real/natural foods. it's NOT a carb free eating plan. and it is flexible. The basic foods are Turkey, chicken, lean cuts of beef, fruits ( berries, cantaloupes, etc) yogurts, veggies, whole grains (rice, rye crisp crackers, etc), low fat dairy, lots of water, multivitamins, ..... they want you to eat 5 times a day.... it sounds good. So why am i scared?

So i go away this weekend......( fine time to go away).......but there is no reason why i can't go and still stick to this eating plan. I have scheduled myself to do Curves today (which i did), do Curves tomorrow, I work day shift weds and Thurs. and do Curves Friday before i leave... I am hoping to get a hike in or two while I am away. So.......it's just this eating thing :0) For those friends that pray........ say a prayer for my will power this first week of adjustments to healthy eating. and um Melody....... your gonna have to get tough this week. I keep touching my bracelet and saying to myself........"I can do it. I can do it.. I can do it"

Tomorrow no work and no ball game........ wow........what am i going to do with myself

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Sandi! I do pray for you and will pray for you. But now it's time for an old-fashioned CK buttkicking....

First of all, change your "I can do it" to an "I WILL do it." Knock it off with the fear. I understand, but in the end, you do what you want to do. You live according to your priorities. So make it a priority to do well!

See? Now that didn't hurt at all, did it??

Love ya!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
Oh by the way, I'm Sandi's friend Christina.....I've heard so many nice things about you. I can hardly wait to meet you someday, (especially since you're only in pgh.) but for some reason Sandi keeps you and Patti all to herself

Anonymous said...

You will be fine because you know the power of prayer and you know who to call upon when you want to "Go there" but know ya should not.

Hmm, now let me see, how can I connect with you and really get your attention. Oh yes, I think I have it:

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple - I Corinthias 3:16-17

Do I have your attention now? Lets try another one:

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. - Exodus 20:2-3

These gods include the food and Sandi, I know that you have no desire to be a slave to the food God, but rather a loving and caring God such as our Father who will satisfy your every hunger.

Am I getting warmer? Okay, how about this one...

You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god. I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. - Psalm 81:9-10

Sandi, He is more on your plate then you will ever need. Don't run back to Eygpt...look for the Promised Land He has said He will reward us if only we serve Him and do His will.

Finally my favorite,

You were taught, with regards to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. - Ephesians 4:22-24

Desire only Him and His words Sandi, for you were made in the image of Him.

So did I reach ya, was I able to connect with you? I really hope so because I want you to enjoy your trip and not worry about food. It has no control over you and when you feel it does, call out to the Father, read His words, say a prayer, whatever you decide, put Him first and you will see, you will be filled off the Holy Spirit leaving very little room for anything else in you mouth or tummy.

Kim said...

Hi Christina! I have heard many nice things about you, too! We all need to get together for a hike sometime soon. I am seriously hoping to make it out that way this weekend. Maybe that can work for all of us!
Take care !
Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim,
That sounds great. Hopefully I can work it into my schedule!