Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One Week Down

Okay, had my Curves 6 week weight loss solution meeting yesterday. I dropped 5 lbs and 3.7 lbs of that was body fat alone.(in one week) which means....it really wasn't "all" water weight!!! I am happy with the results, and the past week i didn't hike as much as i would have liked to..... did go for "power walks" in the mornings while away this weekend, But mostly on flat surfaces.... you know how I hate/love hills. Now the secret to revving up a damaged metabolism, is eating more of the right foods..... so i can't even imagine how i am going to get all of my food in. But this plan says it's important to eat...... This is what I've scheduled to eat for this morning already....

breakfast :
3 slices of turkey bacon
1/2 c. Egg Beaters (southwestern style)
1oz of low fat cheddar cheese
1 slice of flax seed/fiber bread. ( very low carb, high fiber.. )

snack:
1 Low carb whole wheat tortilla
3 oz of lean smoked turkey breast
mixed greens
Strawberries
4 oz of Carb Option sugar free yogurt

lunch:
1 lean cuisine dinner ( meatloaf)
1 small nectarine

and i still have to figure out another snack and a dinner, and still fit in a Curves shake!!! So as you see from my menu........it's all pretty healthy...... and there are plenty of whole grains, fruits and veggies..... so when i say lower carb.... i am not talking about eating all the red meat, butter, and bacon i want. even with all of this food......it still is around 1600 calories. in all honesty some people eat that at one meal (big mac, large fries, milk shake= 1890 calories).


Learning to say NO...... that is a big thing that i am working on right now... i am picking and choosing what is "on my plate" in other aspects too. I've got to keep my spirit peaceful also, even if that means telling the local library that i am not going to plan and organize the summer program this year. Telling my brother No, i am not going to try and "fix" your 21 year old son. Today is my last day of work until end of June, and then i am only working a couple hours here and there. so i am scheduling my mornings (early) to exercise, either Curves or Hiking!! and then i will fit in what i need too. Sound Selfish??? nah, don't think so. Me being healthier will help me do what i need to do in this life time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Sandi, its so nice to read about your success with diet and exercise. Not always an easy task to keep on track, but somehow you sure do make it look easy.