Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Day after

okay maybe i am nuts......but that's okay. Yesterday I hiked 6 miles with Kim and my friends from out east. So that made 9 miles (totaling Sunday evening hike with Bill) It felt good, and it felt like an accomplishment for all of Us. and I remember telling Kim that there were many hills, steep hills....... guess she didn't quite understand that it's like climbing a little mountain. She did great. So we get back to my house to grill out...... (Bill stayed home to get things in order) The four of us that went on the hike found that now that we punished our bodies, they didn't want to cooperate with simple things...... like getting up off of the couch, lifting a water bottle to our lips... breathing, moving... you get the picture.

we grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and barbecue chicken legs for the kids, we then grilled Steaks and Veggie Kabobs for the adults. for dessert, i had angel food cake, fresh cut strawberries, sweetened slightly with splenda, and Cool whip light. We drank lots of water. and had a great time. My friends from out east left early.... so Kim and I chilled and watched a movie, although i think we both fell asleep, so it was Bill that watched the movie by himself.

I went to Curves today.... and had my Curves weight loss meeting...... lost another pound. Although I am somewhat emotional, and I know it's about "that" time for me in another 3-5 days. I am not experiencing as many debilitating symptoms that i usually experience during the PMS portion of my cycle. Maybe it's the steady exercise, maybe it's the hiking, maybe it's the eating plan... maybe it's the decrease in the stress factors in my life. whatever, it's working!!!

Melody, you started all of this.......and look what's happening.... i am still so motivated, and so dedicated.........i feel there just isn't another option. it's gotta be Divine intervention.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandi,

I wanted to give you a heads up...call my mom for more details. Our church is combining with another (Creekside, I think?) and doing a two-mile walk in memory of Melody during Clarksburg's Homecoming 5K race June 16. We thought you'd want to know.

Gina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had one hecka weekend when it comes to diet and exercise. Sandi you continue to inspire me and those who read your journal each and every day. I'm with Gina, you gotta make that walk in memory of Melody.

Gina, read you are doing BFL, good girl Gina. I am so glad to see you getting back up on that horse and giving it your very best shot. WTG!

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry, Anonymous--do I know you? (And I'm not sure what BFL stands for! I could just be having a total brain lapse here!).

Anonymous said...

Nahhh, its probably me having a brain lapse -- had you confused with someone else, Sorry about that. Have a good one.

Patti Rambles On said...

PSA - BFL = Body For Life.

I'm glad you ladies had a great time this weekend. Yes, I'm jealous. But it's a good thing I wasn't invited,,,,.....;;;;;; I mean it's a good thing I wasn't there because I would have been the whiner bag in the back complaining with every step! I hear it was 6 miles all up hill.....

Sandi said...

Gina,
I would love to do the 2 mile walk in honor of melody.... i need the details, so i will call your mama. How are you doing by the way? I will have more evenings off now that i am done with work right now..... maybe we could walk a couple of miles..

Unknown said...

Ugh, this is the 3rd time I've tried sending this message! Here goes again...
A hike some evening would be great, Sandi! I just started a personal training program, and I'm supposed to do 60 minutes of cardio every day by walking. You can show me some good places to hike! Just call my mom for more details on Melody's walk...we'll be away that weekend, unfortunately.

Kim said...

Hey! I know I'm butting in here, but I want to do the walk for Melody, too!
And, Patti, it was uphill the WHOLE way. You could have never worn those shoes you wore in March!

Kim said...

Okay, I'm back. I just wanted to point out that it is now the day after the day after. LOL. My blog is up to date........