Monday, April 02, 2007

would it just be easier to not.....

Sometimes i think it would be easier to not get healthy, not loose weight, not exercise, not eat right..... umm can you tell that THIS is my PMS time. most people get the wrong idea about true PMS, and sometimes it's used for an excuse...... I don't get moody or violent per say. i don't need to eat tons more chocolate. i actually kept track of these symptoms for several months.. and it's like clock work, 8-12 days before my cycle. i get the the feeling of being overwhelmed, i get real sappy, i mean more than normal, i mean it's not just Folgers holiday coffee commercials that make me cry but now Mr. Clean commercials too :) (okay maybe i am exaggerating a little there, but you get the idea). I seem to not be as patient. Every muscle in my body aches.....for a while i just new that something was majorly wrong with me.....now i just know that in a few days I'll be fine. i get headaches. and i feel the sense of dread, I'll be lying in bed, and it will hit me, prob 10 years from now....it will change, my kids will be grown up and gone....gee in 10 years my "baby" will be 22. Now why worry about that now?. Most days of the month i am forever optimistic. enjoying each and every moment in my life. Cup always half full, God always there beside me.... it's just those few days.............those few days that i could do without.
......
so back to what i was saying, this morning, i am busy.... forgot that i had a dentist appointment to fix a cavity , as well as an appointment for my son Sam. My land line phone isn't working, my Internet isn't working......my cell phone only works half the time, I've got to be at work early (noon instead of 2:00pm), still have to get to curves. didn't have my lunch/dinner packed for work. I am way behind on clothes washing..... my brother is coming from Florida this weekend to spend Easter with Us................ and the list goes on........

............................. But, i Did go to Curves, the rest can wait, i did manage to pack a healthy lunch/snacks for work. and I did speak the umpteenth time to Comcast about our phone/cable/Internet. I was worked up and angry at this point, it took my good friend ( hi Christina) to make me stop and put my life in perspective. . . you know what is great, that Chris and I are usually not both at our wits end at the same time, so we are able to help each other stay grounded. My goodness......... Today was a celebration, my daughter went back to school for the first time in several weeks, She is feeling better, She's getting to be the old Katie.
I have this wonderful job to come too. I have this beautiful big home (that needs cleaned ;0) ) I have healthy boys, and a caring husband....... I have the best friends that this world has to offer. I have the ability to walk and move, even if i am a little achy today... i am so blessed...

I still check Melody's website, and Chad her husband just updated it yesterday..... and in there he let us read a few messages that patients, clients, colleagues, etc. wrote in a book that was left at a clinic where she worked. I must say....... this girl must of been a true angel on Earth.... she obviously lived her life helping and loving others. If there are "angel ranks" in heaven... she's got a high one. So many people commented on her smile... and i must say, that is what you first see, when looking at photographs of her. Melody, you are on the top five list of people to see/meet when i get to Heaven. You and your story just makes me to want to be the best that i can be for others .... thank you.

wow thru writing this blog today.......i now have the answer to my title .......... "would it just be easier to not..........." NO, it wouldn't , it would be a cop out on my part. it would be a disappointment to my heart and spirit, My quest for health is so important right now....... first off i don't want to let "ME" down, But I've got friends giving it their all, I've got Kids that want me around as they grow up, I've got a husband that wants me around for a long time. I've got people cheering me on who read this blog. and i got Melody in Heaven, wanting me to succeed. I guess i don't have a choice in this matter!!!! Melody's Mile......is just a part of my life...... and I'm here to succeed.... 10 miles to you Melody.......one of these days.

No comments: