Friday, April 13, 2007

First Mammogram -------- Second Weigh/Measure at Curves

now the mammogram had nothing to do with my Curves "measuring" day. and my Curves measuring day had nothing to do with my mammogram. but these are the two things that has happened lately.

first of all, this is nothing short of a miracle , This Melody's Mile Quest, I've continued to exercise, I've had my first "pap" test in 10 years, and I've had my first mammogram before my 40th birthday. Wow i do NOTHING for 10 years.... and then get it all done in two months.

I am recovering from the Stomach Virus that i must of had, it was a nasty one......and it sure wore me out. I spent all day just chilling on Wednesday. even with a house full of guest. by evening on Weds i was able to catch up on my fluids. But even today my body still feels weak. I did not work out on Thursday...... again like I've said before, this has to be a "healthy" obsession, and i knew my body was too weak to workout. I did manage to make my 12 hour spaghetti sauce, and enjoy my family who came to visit. and I DID go to have my very first mammogram. honestly, i wasn't too worried about the actual exam... and let me tell you, they really really squish those things.......i mean they don't even look like boobs in the machine....... not only do they squish them up and down........ you'd think that would be enough........No they have to squish them side to side too........ I was worried that they would never go back to the pre-mammogram shape, i thought I'd have to sling them over my shoulders just to walk out ... BUT of course they did return to my version, not Pamela Anderson version, of Normal!!! the test was the easy part,........ honestly, i just know i am going to need a retake, and i am nervous about the results......again, i have no control of the outcome......therefore i must try and relax until Monday or Tuesday.

I did go to Curves today...... and my body "knew" that it has missed a few days of workout.... so i did get tired quicker than normal, but i did workout, and plan on going tomorrow morning to get my 3 in. Today i measured up...... i lost like so far a total of 6lbs, almost 3lbs of body fat and almost 10 inches. i think that is pretty darn good........ esp since this is strictly based on exercising alone....... In a few weeks when our new owner returns from "curves class" yes there is curves class in Texas for new owners....... i am going to join the 6 week eating plan jump start. with meetings and all. that will be good for me and help me in my next level

Well it's about time for me to get busy here at work.......it's Friday, so NO boys yet. it's funny, they are usually sick Monday through Thurs during school hours, and miraculously healed on Friday afternoon..... until the next Monday again..... kids they are all universal.........no matter where you are

2 comments:

Patti Rambles On said...

Nice to hear you had a *smashing good time*.
But seriously I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and the added bonus is you are setting a good example for your daughter.
:xoxo:

Patti Rambles On said...
This comment has been removed by the author.