Monday, April 30, 2007

The final Piece......

yes i hiked the final piece to the hiking trail that goes from Saltsburg to Blairsville. it was my first hike on it........ and Kim I must tell you......if you thought the other trail had hills.......... well this one was nothing but up and down, and then up and down again..... very few stretches were level. Bill and I hiked approx 4 miles, although because of all the hills, it felt so much farther!!! I got a new pedometer today, and it worked pretty well... also got new hiking shoes, lightweight Merrells. they felt pretty good.........although WE all know not to wear brand new shoes hiking 4 miles the day you get them.......... opps. i am sore, i am tired, i am happy. Oh yeah....... i did NOT hike on Sunday..... and i think it was a smart decision.... i did Curves and Hiked on Saturday, and my foot that had the surgery really needed a day of rest..... and i realized that. My eating is not under control......... oh another hurdle to cross.

oh yeah, we saw deer, and turkey, and the bald eagle, and squirrels, and chipmunks...no black bear today.

love and blessings to everyone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You saw all of those animals on your hiking trip today...gosh, I only wish I could see all of that in one day. All I ever see are bee's but I guess I am blessed because at least I get a little running in, fleeing from them. LOL

Good for you and your friend in getting in all that exercise, as always, I'm really proud of ya, oh and your friend.

Anonymous said...

CHRISTINA.. ARE YOU BEING ANONYMOUS AGAIN? SILLY GOOSE. YOU SHOULD BE OUT THERE HIKING WITH MOM!

LOVE,KATIE

Anonymous said...

No Katie, I'm no longer anonymous. Can't confuse your mom like that.....(shh, don't tell anyone, but sometimes she gets confused). We have a hiking date for tomorrow morning!!