Friday, April 06, 2007

GOOD FRIDAY.......

I did go to Chris' and workout this morning...... it's funny 2 miles is a workout, but i can tell it's starting to get a little easier... now i am going to have to do the 3 mile tapes from now on. Oh yeah, Patti, if you don't mind I am giving my brother Doug and his wife "your" bedroom. and i will tell them to make themselves at home :0) , and Kim, Bill and I are going to take your bedroom. ..... .. there is plenty of room.... so the others can fit in where they want.

I am sitting her at work, and reflecting about what Good Friday means to me.... it doesn't mean that I can't eat red meat yet!!! it doesn't mean two more shopping days before the Easter Bunny comes, It doesn't even mean that i have to run to a Good Friday Service..... It doesn't mean that i can't drink the soda or the candy i gave up at the beginning of Lent.

In my opinion, I think this day is one of the most awestruck days in my Faith. it is this day, that Jesus was Crucified/ Died for my imperfections. (and there are many) It is on this day that I remember what He did for me, out of pure and unconditional love.

Maybe next year instead of "giving something up" for lent......... maybe I will "give something for lent" Maybe I'll give 1 hour of my time a week to visit a nursing home. Maybe I'll give away something i really like, not something i was going to throw away. Maybe I'll make a conscious effort to smile and give a kind word to even the unlovable. Maybe next lent, I'll forgive someone. maybe I'll ask someone for their forgiveness. What does NOT eating chocolate really do for Our world? And if someone eats "red" meat on Friday for Lent....is that really really bad??? In the scheme of things........ i don't think God is up there in Heaven with a list of who did and did not eat fish on Fridays..... i think he's a little too busy to worry about that.

Have a wonderful weekend.......and take a moment to reflect!!! and be thankful

4 comments:

Kim said...

Amen sister! LOL. I think that's a wonderful idea for Good Friday!

Unknown said...

Hi, Sandi, it's your "cousin," Gina! A. Chris gave me the link to your blog, and I must say, you're such an inspiration! When you guys get together to exercise in the evenings or weekends, please call me! Send me an e-mail, too. I'd love to chat with you one-on-one. My e-mail is stellar_steelers@yahoo.com.

Hugs,
Gina

Sandi said...

Gina,
It's great to hear from you.... and I would love to keep more in touch... Thank you for the wonderful comment, ... Melody is the true Inspiration.....we gotta get healthy in Honor of that precious angel in heaven.... You Christina and I will have to do an evening walk...

luv ya
Sandi

ps. i love your email address, you steeler die/hard fan .....

Unknown said...

A walk some evening would be great! As I just told A. Chris, exercising is so much easier when you're held accountable by someone, so please keep me in mind. And like I said, shoot me an e-mail sometime...it would be nice to be able to chat with someone who is also trying to journey to weight loss. I could definitely use the support!

Luv, Gina