Saturday, March 28, 2009

~~>learning

I am learning a whole different level of eating right now, thank goodness i've been preparing for a year, or i don't think i'd be able to do it if i hadn't. yesterday evening I went to Christina's house to watch a movie with her, her family, and her nieces, it was so nice to just get out of the house, i even stayed in my jammies (Chris' house is my second home). packed my drink *1/2 strength fruit juice, a light yogurt, and 3 oz of cream of mushroom and beef soup....... the menu there were two different types of chicken enchilada, baked Spinach / ricotta and mushroom ravioli's, large salad, cheese crackers, garlic bread, dutch apple pie, strawberry short cake, ice cream, black forest chocolate cake..... we figured for a treat i'd toss my soup, and they boiled me two spinach /ricotta ravioli's we pureed it using Christina's homemade jar sauce, it was the same consistency as the soup, and i ate 1/2 and brought the rest home, and then for dessert i had 3 bites of cherry cobbler light yogurt. suddenly i felt a tightness right in the center of my chest, not pain, just a tightness.... and I stopped eating!! I was fine, i was satisfied, i watched the movie, and after an hour started sipping a bottle of water. I never got overwhelmed with hunger, and i focused on the company and the movie. Afterwards though when i was getting ready to go home, it hit me......so i came home, and went to bed.
I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning i had my cream of wheat w peanut butter, i must admit i am not drinking enough today, i had some company for a couple hours, one of my sons friends mother. for lunch i had the "cream of ravioli" soup. and just now, using the "bullet" food processor bill just picked up for me, i added mashed potatoes, canned chicken, and fat free gravy, .. and bam i had the BEST tasting creamy soup i've had yet.... it hit the spot. and actually it pureed to a thick drinking consistency, but that is where i am at..........so i wait an hour and then i gotta start drinking drinking drinking......
I am feeling awesome, physically, spiritually and emotionally... that doesn't mean that it isn't tough......cause it is, and i am going to say this is the hardest thing i've ever done..... when i was leaving Christina's last night, i was thinking....... i don't want to just taste that food, i want to pig out........and i could have, and would have, BUT i would rather be healthy in the long run........ this is going to take time, especially this first month while i am slowly adding foods,..... and while everything is pureed.
oh my fruit right now is baby food fruits, my veggies are baby food veggies,
i am ready and i am set.....
I don't know if i've lost more weight as i am NOT getting on the scale until Tuesday.... but i sure feel good, the surgery sites are healing really really fast, no signs of redness or drainage. after going through papers, i realized i am supposed to also include 3 8 ounce protein shakes a day.... opps!!! we picked that up today....... this will give me 90 grams of protein a day just in shakes alone....
have a great week end, i am going to enjoy tv with Bill

5 comments:

Chris said...

I noticed you didn't mention anything about being afraid to go out to your car in case there were vampires out there, even though they were probably "vegetarians"!

Kellie said...

Hey Chris,
Wold that mean Kosher vegetarian vampires? Just sayin!

Kim said...

You guys are funny!

Chris said...

Good one Kellie!! LOL

Patti Rambles On said...

Vegetarian vampires? Hmmmm, okay Rose, fess up.
Tomorrow should be easy since it's Bill's low carb day!
:xoxo: