Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gee........ Almost there!!!

I can't believe that in just a few days i will be in a hospital having surgery that i have been working towards for a year now- how can time go by so fast? Am I ready? yes I am more than ready. Am i prepared? yes i am more than prepared, well almost, making homemade chicken broth this AM. Am i excited? yes i am more than excited. Am i nervous and scared? well, yes a little bit. who wouldn't be? i am choosing to have 5 tiny holes put in my abdomen, cutting through the fat and muscles, they will pump me up like a swimming pool raft, and dig through my abdominal cavity until they can reach my stomach, and which at this time, they will wrap the lap band around the upper portion of my stomach and then suture it to the outer wall........ then they will take the port and attach it with more sutures, to a muscle just below my rib cage......... i have a feeling for the first few hours I WILL REGRET HAVING THIS DONE.......... I am just sayin'
And i must say Bill is so cute, I get home from grocery shopping on Thursday, and he noticed i bought sugar free jello, and sugar free Popsicles, and Sugar free vitamin water,..........etc. and he is so excited for me, he thought that maybe i could practice not eating for the week, just do liquids like i'll have to do the first week out of surgery........ umm Bill, just what i want to do........ how about i slowly get into it, by tasting one of the sugar free Popsicles tonight? He is such a Support in anything and everything I do....
Yesterday morning Christina calls me......... 8:30 am, " ....... hey i'll pick you up at 9:30 am to go to The Strip district with Jeanine..... what a pleasant surprise, and i had a wonderful time, Jeanine also treated Chris and I to lunch at a popular Italian restaurant (on food network before) Lidia's, the food was delicious, but the company was superior! I must say that Christina's daughter has grown up to be a wonderful beautiful woman....... i am so proud of her and i'm not even her mama. Christina, we sure have great kids don't we???
Well a busy day today........ but first i better get the Chicken into the stock pot and start with that........ i want to do a lot of laundry, clean the fridge... and do other odds and ends, i'd like my house in order before Thursday morning. Bill has taken off all week, and said he'd take off more if i am needed........ I hope to have a brief chat with my GG's before surgery.......
OH OH OH....... i almost forgot to blog about:...........
as i mentioned before it looks like the way Kiski will be changing the Nursing office... they will hire one nurse to live on campus and work 144 hours a week....... with 24 hours a week to themselves........ Not for me!!! so it looks like i'll be out of a job in a couple of weeks. Now i've never looked for a job, jobs have always looked for me...... so i haven't worried, and i know that God will put me where i am supposed to be.. well Thursday afternoon i get a call from my old boss who worked the Methadone clinic with me, she is now working in a Doctors office dealing with Psychiatric patients, as well as Addictions etc. ......i guess they have decided to hire another nurse RN or LPN, to work in the office, immediately my old boss thought of me..... and called to tell me ..... i immediately got goose bumps, and was dumb struck....*which friends will verify happens often to me....the dumb struck part. this would be a doctors office job, no weekends or holiday's. supposed to be really great doctors to work with, 13 miles from my home....... i go on Monday for an interview.......... and i am just trusting........ what will be, will be!!!
God knows what he is doing.......therefore i am not worried.

2 comments:

Patti Rambles On said...

Tell the Boogie Man that he might have to postpone his Monday low carb day until the end of the week, just for support and all. Just sayin......

Kellie said...

(((((HUGS4SANDI)))) It is amazing how when you let your life in the hands o God the things that will come your way!
Love ya GF