Monday, May 04, 2009

~> Rain

you see i love a rainy day every bit as much as I love those sunny, billowy cloud, warm breeze type of days.... today we are having a "rainy" day. it is cool and damp, the rain is beating on the windows and the roof. this is a day i could curl up with a book or an old movie.... I have a couple hours before work, but not enough time to do either of the above mentioned. I could lay on my bed, stare out at the rainy hillside and be lulled back to sleep until 9am, but i am not going to do that either..... so this morning i will shut the TV off, turn on silence, let the rain be my music, pack a lunch, start supper in a crock pot, sweep the floors, fix my bed, get a warm bath....... and head to work....... that way when i come home.... it will be done.. and then i can enjoy my evening raining or not.
Today i pulled out my food journal to start writing in again, not that i am eating much at all, But i think this will help me to monitor my food and mindfulness. I need to learn to eat 3 meals, and if i get hungry, 2 snacks. and when i say snack, i mean snack....... not 5 meals. a snack would be 1/2 an apple and 1 oz of lowfat cheese.... thats it!!! or one WASA cracker with 1 laughing cow light cheese spread..... that is a 60 calorie snack, and very filling. I don't think i am going to focus on counting calories, carbs, protein, I just want to focus on eating 3 meals, and 2 snacks. I don't want to measure the amt of food, but rely on eating.......chewing....... and letting my band work with me........ how you can work through the band, is right after the full feeling, you wait a short time, drink water, and you can again eat .... you can do this all day long.......... and in this case you are not working with the tool given you,.. the lapband is like anything else... you can have a gym membership, if you go once in a while, and when you are there, you sorta kinda make some movements..... the tool of the gym is not going to work for you. If you take Alli the pill that makes you poop if you eat too much fat. if you don't take it with every meal, or you skip the pill when you are getting ready to devour some wings and Alfredo....... that tool isn't going to work for you. i remember when my husband decided what an easy way to lose a few pounds, he bought this to try......... so he took the Alli, and then proceeded to eat a dozen hot wings with blue cheese dressing.............. and then he proceeded to ummm, poop his work pants and had to come home and change...... so if he had 100 grams of fat... he lost 25 grams in his stool, so he STILL ingested 75 grams of fat for that meal.......... that tool DIDN'T work for him...

My mindset changed way before my surgery...... my habits already changing... now i must be cautious and remember... that for Lapband to work........ i better be diligent and mindful.
Have a beautiful Rainy day and Monday.........
This is my lunch for today grilled fish, spinach, strawberries, toasted pecans to make into a salad with a yummy homemade dressing . this is my lunchbox that i use now.....and i love it, love it love it.......

1 comment:

jay said...

They just started selling Alli over here. I've thought about it more than once but I really don't want a pair of shorts full of ass grease for having a bit of butter on my toast, ya know?

And I wonder what the long term effects are. By that I mean, if I take it and lose 50 pounds, when I stop is my body going to be overly sensitive to fat and start storing that away? By taking Alli you change your body's chemistry so I wonder what the long term outcome of that is.

Besides that I don't believe too much fat is my problem. Too much food and too little movement are.