Saturday, September 22, 2007

Stress, Allergies, whatever......I am sick

Okay it's time i stop making excuse for feeling so crappy....... and just tell myself..... I don't feel well. Why am I trying to be the martyr. Last week less than 2 weeks ago i experienced a very stressful thing beginning with my son being life flighted to Pittsburgh and continuing to the many appointments i am having now to help him heal his brain. And these dang Allergies, and yes i know they are allergies, my sinuses drain so much, and my eyes are watery and itchy. and i get this cough, and I am wheezing, and I can't seem to take a deep breath into my lungs. Now i feel i have a secondary infection, this is the 3rd day in a row that i have a low grade fever ranging from 99.7-100.6, I am so tired, I am literally fighting with my body to keep moving, I feel i could crawl into bed and stay there for a week! Not going to happen though, as I work today, I work tomorrow evening until 11pm, and then come right back on Monday at 7am, My only day off is Tuesday........ and then i work weds, Thurs, Friday, Saturday. So in the next 8 days. I am only off Tuesday. Thank goodness, i love my job so much, and i find some peace and solitude while i am here.

I started taking extra Vitamin C, and i am going to have to find the time to rest, and i am going to have to NOT sweat the small stuff right now....... let the dust collect on top of my hutch, and ceiling fans. So what if there are finger prints on the glass doors, When company stops to see Andrew, they are stopping to see Andrew, and not see how spotless and in order my home is.

Speaking of Andrew...... his doctor appointment yesterday is with a Doctor who deals with nothing but head pain, migraines, and Brain injuries. Obviously nobody can heal Andrews brain any quicker. But she can help control the pain he is receiving while his brain is recovering. he's on Amantadine and Indural. the Amantadine will help him be able to concentrate even with basic tasks, which in turn will help him not to over use his brain. It will also help to stabilize his mood. Indural in higher doses is used to treat high blood pressure, but for Drew, it will help prevent a migraine from occurring. She said there are other ways to treat this, but she is starting at block 1. The trip yesterday just the simple car ride, the sunlight, the movement, the noises, the stimuli, about killed him.... he started out going to the Doctors fine, teasing me, talking about where we will stop to eat etc........ and by the time we got into the office, which was a short 15 minute wait, he had such a bad head ache, he was dizzy c/o blurred vision, and by the time we got to the car, he covered his head with a pillow, and wanted to go straight home....


Well I will talk more later if I have time, maybe i should do a little work while i am here at "work". :-p

No comments: