Friday, September 28, 2007

9 months ago........

9 months ago a young woman named Melody, left this world! She had become such an inspiration to so many people that her Spirit definitely lives on. I truly don't understand why she is etched so strongly in my memory, But she is. I realize her friends and family will Never forget. how could they, I am learning that her life was amazing. I did not know her in this world. I learned about her story from a friend, who had a friend, who had a friend........ I was told about this incredible woman who had cancer, who had a website she wrote about her journey with cancer. It took me several months before I even read it. It was a life changing experience for me. I first read about Melody a week after she passed away. On January 3rd. This woman, this stranger totally changed my life. I was reading about her optimism and her determination to fight this monster called cancer. She remained optimistic, and never gave up. She never had a "whoa is poor me attitude" And she didn't use the pathetic excuse of cancer and chemo and radiation side effects to prevent her from loving and living. and taking care of her self/ her body, her spirit, her heart. My health had been spinning down hill for a while, and the weight had been piling on. Sitting at my computer that morning in January, sobbing, with tears rolling down my face, I was ashamed of the excuses i used not to get healthy. I was given this wonderful body that i wasn't being nice too. And Melody was fighting with her body that was so ill. At this moment, I made a promise to Melody, this Angel in Heaven. that I would take care of myself, I'd get this body back to a healthy state. and someday in her honor, I'd hike 10 miles for her. Well I am assuming when Melody was living on Earth she must have been a very determined woman...... cause let me tell you, As an Angel in Heaven..... she is worse. She just won't let me forget my promise. Oh my journey isn't easy. and there are times that i want to give up, I've had my setbacks, and even stopped working out at one point for 2 weeks. But She is relentless, I remember my promise to her. Since this promise I have gotten much healthier, I've lost many pounds and many Inches. I've been faithful to my work out at Curves gym. This Summer i was able to hike at one point 7 miles. I may have over did it at times ( recovering from foot surgery) which caused setbacks... but I am persevering, and not giving up. I re read her journal to remind me of her determination and my promise.... I remember, and I will not forget!!!

No comments: