Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Does God break Xbox 360s

The thing we are dealing the most with Andrew.......... is resting his brain so that it can heal. He can barely read 2 sentences at a given time without starting a major headache. The many doctors said to prevent boredom and depression, he can play video games, but minimally and with many hours of break in between play. Now remember he just turned 16. so he's not thinking like an adult yet, and actually, what is the age that a "man" thinks like an adult? Bill is 43 and i am still waiting ;-). So Albert , Bill and I have been on his case all of the time. Well yesterday, this really awesome game came out for XBox, Halo3. It was one of those games that people waited in line over night for. Albert bought this for Andrew for his birthday. I went and picked it up for him yesterday morning. I must admit, I worried that Andrew would want to play this more than he should.... Didn't have to worry long. Andrew put the game in his Xbox. it said to "push yes to update your Xbox to be able to play this game". ... Andrew pushed yes...........................................and............................and guess what??????????????????? ..................the XBox 360 crashed. the hard drive was somehow destroyed. I called tech support, they feel it was coincidence that it broke at that time. they said, that they are having problems with the hard drives, and that Microsoft, makers of Xbox, just increased the warranty to 3 years. Andrews box is 6 months old. So They will take it, fix it or replace it at NO cost to Us. This could take 6 weeks. About the same time frame that Doctors feel that Andrew will have the biggest improvement in brain healing. Andrew was so disappointed, and at first i wanted it for him so bad, knowing that this game is what he talked about for weeks. And I truly believe that God said, ........" Sandi, I just felt like I had to step in and help " Thank you God.

For the first time since Andrews "brain injury" on the 10th, I notice moments of improvement, it may last an hour, but there IS improvement. and his mood is stabilizing greatly, he's laughing more, and spending more time out of his dark dungeon of a room, (his headaches are sensitive to noise, light, and motion) and more time with his family.

The Miracle of the human body, and the ability to heal itself is amazing.

it is now 4am my time, and i just can't sleep, I work today at noon, maybe I'll get some sleep in the early morning hours. I doubt it though.

Thank God for your small miracles that occur EVERYDAY in your life. today I thank God for Breaking and XBox 360

No comments: