Monday, March 26, 2007

Walked Outdoors....first time in 5/6 months

Well Saturday was my day off......... so i knew on Sunday I had to do some type of exercise.... so I did..... my hubby and i went walking at Conemaugh dam before work . . . my foot did ache, but in area's different than where the surgery took place. I am sure it's the way i am walking, over compensating parts of my foot to protect the surgical site. but it was wonderful, and beautiful. surprising how different i use my muscles from walking outdoors to walking indoors to a walking aerobics tape. Now understand......... hiking at Conemaugh is very "hilly" to say the least , and it was hard work..... and i needed to catch my breath quite a few times..... i did not measure distance...... i just walked for 50 minutes....... the river was so swift and high....... i think I've only seen it that high once. So i am pretty sure that some of the trails i use were under water.......so didn't even take those paths.... it felt good, and Juneau enjoyed (my malamute) finally getting back on the trails again. I came home and applied ice, and elevated my foot. This morning no pain, Curves was a great workout as usual!!!

I need to stay focused on the Positives and progress that I am making. I must be honest sometimes when i start thinking about how much more i need to do to get healthy .......and how much weight i need to loose..... and such It just seems so far away .......... and then i get a little bummed... I must not look at this in a time frame........ but a life time..... and staying positive and focused is the biggest part.

I am dreading tomorrow's "girl" check up......... i really am, maybe i am worried about my weight.. maybe i am worried that they will find something.......... maybe i am worried about both. This isn't like me....i am not shy! I am a nurse, so i should know how important prevention is. Gee tomorrow will be here before i know it....... hmmm, what can i do, what excuse can i make to cancel this appointment??? LOL i just thought of something...... i could cancel, pretend to go, maybe go for a walk at yellow creek..... come home.......... who would know??? not Katie, or Christina nor Bill...... it is a thought

look at the positive in your life, and rejoice!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's a thought, Little Miss Sandi, but not a very GOOD one. Now I am just going to assume that you'll do the right thing. That way I can forgo the "what kind of example are you setting for your daughter?" speech.
Love ya!!
Kim

Patti Rambles On said...

^^^^^What she said ^^^^^

Now put on your big girl panties and ....... go take off your big girl panties.
Sorry, couldn't resist!
It will be over before you know it.
:xoxo:

Anonymous said...

For those of us who know and love Sandi, we want to announce the successful mission of actually getting her to her dr. appt. this morning. We'll be very honest, it was the hardest thing we've ever had to do!!! And just to set the record straight.....several lies were told to us. But, we saw through everyone of them and managed to ger her there. Even though we thought for a while she was hyper-ventillating. Should have thought about bringing a paper bag. Let's just hope next year isn't as bad (or should I say next decade?)

We did get a very nice lunch out of the deal!

Christina & Katie