Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jeanine Do you remember???..........

I was thinking the other day about when i used to go to weight watchers. I remember when they had that special, " bring a daughter or another female relative teen for free" Well i became your aunt ( Jeanine is Christina's daughter, who next to Katie is my most favorite young lady in the world). We both did well at weight watchers...... Jeanine did awesome!!! But i must admit, we had this ritual..... we would go to the meeting, get weighed in, get our info for the next week....... and then we would!!!....................do you remember? should i tell them?...... okay we would go get ice cream, or go out to eat, and order anything we wanted...... for like a million ww points. we didn't just get 1 serving of ice milk..... we'd go to the meadows and get this creamy custard, I'd get hot fudge, and nuts and whipped cream. One time we took your mom with us and we went out to eat......and i mean eat.......... (gee no wonder weight watchers didn't work so well for me in the long run)
That was years ago, now Jeanine is this beautiful married woman....... WW's worked for her, she lost 20lbs on it when she was in high school........

There are so many diets out there, and honestly........they all work, if you work with them.
Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutri system, Slim Fast, Atkins, South Beach. BUT , they are still just that, diets.!!

Also looking back, my skinniest time since my children's births, was the year after my first husband left me..... But as i remember, i wasn't "dieting". I remember, I walked, not really for fitness, but i started walking to get out of the depression i was in.... I remember walking 5 miles a day. I remember the first thanksgiving....... the kids went to their grandparents with their dad, my mom had hers the week before....... so i felt so overwhelmed and alone... I went to yellow Creek instead of pouting and feeling sorry for myself........ it felt good, it was raining....... the rain felt good on my face, the wind felt good, walking around the lake felt good. come to think of it, it was while i was walking, that i realized i was going to survive the divorce. I remember when Albert first left, i was devastated, just couldn't imagine life ever being enjoyable again. I was walking along my country road, it was the peak of spring, the sky was so blue, and the air so crisp, i remember two geese, flying above, speaking to each other, the pond was on my right....as they landed in the water....... and for a moment......i thought.. wow, what a beautiful world, ......it was at this moment, i knew that i would be just fine. Wasn't too many months after that that my mom, the best mom in the world, died at the age of 58. I relied on my walking (and biking now) to get me thru that time.
It seems like i am closest to God, when i am out on the trails, it seems to be the time that i talk to Him the most........

Okay , where am i going in this blog passage.......... i don't have a clue, I guess i was just figuring out that exercise works better for me than a "DIET".. and then i remembered weight watchers and Jeanine, And that got me to remember when i exercised the most consistent, was when i was the healthiest, and then ......i guess my memories went from there :) Regardless, i love my outdoors, and looking forward to being out there more regularly, hoping my foot will cooperate

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

Of course I remember! I did better on that WW session with you and with eating all that post weigh-in ice cream than anything else! Thanks for "adopting" me.

P.S. Remember calling your radio station friend to request bad 80s music? Also a good motivational tool! :)

Sounds like you are doing great!

Sandi said...

Oh my goodness Jeanine, I do remember calling "randy" on his radio station to request songs. too funny..... and to think your mom actually let you come with me... what was she thinking ;0) P.S. do you know how great your mother is, and how lucky you are to have her as a mom??? you better know