Monday, August 27, 2007

these two should never hit on the same day I am telling ya!!!!

Oh my what a morning. I must say that peak emotional PMS and first day of school, first day of high school for my youngest son.... last first day of school for my daughter. It just doesn't work out!!! I've been crying all morning. I am one of those "odd" mothers that actually like summer vacation for my kids (most of the time). Every school year is always a sad reminder that time marches on........and slows down for no one. Katie is a senior in high school. she'll be 18 on Saturday. I remember her first day of preschool, 13 years ago. She threw up inside the car, she was so upset about leaving mommy. No throwing up today. Up until this Summer, Sammy the youngest has been my side kick and shadow. even last year he spent the mornings sitting next (almost on my lap) to me and chatting before he'd get on the bus. This year, he had to be tough, and I was lucky to get a kiss goodbye. No more elementary school..... another chapter in my life closed.......... have i mentioned yet that i am at my peak PMS time, and i feel like crying at the drop of a hat anyhow!!!! I do realize that my children are growing up healthy, and happy. i do realize that it would be very abnormal for my daughter to get so upset about leaving me that she throws up. I know that my almost 13 year old son shouldn't cling to me sitting on my lap all morning. I am blessed that my children are able to go to school. I am blessed that God lent me these children, even for just a short time. Last school year, Katie was too sick to go to school........ i am blessed that she is well. This is the 3rd year that my Son Corey has been with us. and i am blessed for that. This young man never spent more than a year with a family his entire life... and now he found home...... and he is doing well. He is no longer a foster son, but he is MY son. ( one, like my other 15 year old, that i can choke much of the time ;0) )

My life IS good, and full. .... I work at Kiski today so i will not be here when they get home. tomorrow i think i have a day off. Yeah!!!

It's a beautiful morning....... and for this I am happy~~~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not even PMSing, and I got teared up reading that! You're such a great mom, Sandi. I hope your kids realize that.