Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Eight months ago today

This world lost a beautiful person and heaven gained an awesome angel. like I've said before, I've never met her, but I must say she's changed my life so dramatically. i am still after all these months plugging along.... I am a regular at Curves, I am very aware of what i eat, even if sometimes I eat wrong..... I make regular doctor appointments even when Christina has to "push" me. I've had my first "woman's" check up in 10 years, and my first mammogram. My foot is well healed, and even with the minor setback this summer, i listened to my doctor, and The re-injured foot healed quickly and without major complications. I did a lot of hiking, and ready to start hiking again . OH yeah............ i forgot to let you folks know, my first pap smear showed "abnormal" in May....... So i had to have it redone in August............ I just got back my results yesterday, and everything was "Normal". Amen for that.
I still remember my promise to Melody. ... and work on it daily. I haven't forgotten you Melody, and I haven't forgotten what you stood for as a human being on this earth. I got that 10 mile hike to honor you to do yet.

I went to Curves yesterday, worked out pretty hard. today I'd like to attempt to get a "walk/hike" in at some point

First day of school for the kids yesterday went really well. Sammy had no problems and said he liked it. Katie goes to the high school in the mornings, and then she goes the afternoons and takes college courses at a local college. what a great opportunity for her, this is the same school she plans to attend for Nursing. so these classes she takes are a head start for her next year. Corey goes to the high school in the morning, and then he attends the Vo-technical school to study for a trade..... I think it's great that my kids aren't just wasting their high school years but using it to prepare them for their future years.

Gee i thought I'd have a day off today........ but my son Andrew is having a problem with very red/itchy/draining eyes. So I'll call the doctor this am and try and make him an appointment for today

talk to you later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KATIES BIRTHDAY IS THIS SATURDAY... DON'T FORGET!!! :)

Unknown said...

Well, Happy Birthday, Katie! The big 1-8, huh?