Sunday, July 26, 2009

........ new life for me

I get home yesterday evening from my picnic, and as i sat there in my comfy chair, with every muscle in my body just aching, and drinking loads of cold water, I realize I was different, more so than i have remembered in 20 years. Even when i was thinner and younger. I remember going to picnics and family events, and trying to melt into the scenery.. because even then when i was 75 lbs lighter than now, i was still so self conscious of my body and who i was. and then as the years climbed as well as the weight, i'd go to a picnic and just sorta sit and watch... my huge body did not match my thin spirit. Well i don't think i even sat down yesterday, and i certainly didn't focus on the food, I blew bubbles, chased after a 2 year old, played badminton with a 6 year old, threw the football, chased the volleyball down the hill before it went into the lake, dribbled a basketball.........quite well i might add. I did have a couple of Bill's very very perfected wings..... and a few bites of buffalo chicken dip. i enjoyed some fresh peaches and blueberries..... and maybe a bite of this or that salad just to taste.... I left the picnic, tired , happy and sweaty....... my body and spirit are starting to catch up in 'size'... and i am loving it.
I was proud of my boys.......... they were so polite and well behaved... almost grown men.... i heard so many compliments about them, many people observed how well they had fun and got along with each other, which they do most of the time. And Bill he just jumped right in, and became the king of the charcoal grill, he made friends quite easily.....
it was a great day, and today i am going to get a bite to eat and play a little house work catch up........

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sandi, You are definitely a Butterfly that has stretched it's beautiful wings. This is your spring, your season and let it continue on. I for one am so profoundly proud of YOU. But more than that I am blessed to be able to call you my friend. Taking over the controls and following your own path.
Love ya GF!