Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Moonflower



My neighbor gave me this "dying" plant and told me that it was a moonflower, meaning that it blooms in the darkness of night! I have yet to replant it in my yard, but i do have it on my outside table., I woke up this morning to about 10 blossoms like this one...... how pretty. I must say that I have been slightly out of sorts the past couple of weeks, beside being busy. I think i've been "worrying" too much about everything.......... worrying about Katie and her future, worrying about Andrew and his up coming surgeries, worrying about the economy and what seems to be going wrong with our government and nation, worrying about what happens if gas prices go so high I can't afford to drive my car........... worry about my health........... etc..... think you get the picture! Sometimes it takes me a while to get through these feelings, but i must say it is times like these that i find myself drawn closer to God. And then i realize, I too am like the Moonflower...... In times of trial and darkness, With God's tender care, i am able to bloom, and find the smallest glimmer of beauty even in the darkest hour !

Well another busy day for me. Work and then a doctors appointment and then back to work for the afternoon.

I'll end with a verse today, it is a good reminder to me when i worry too much:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths

No comments: