Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Early Morning........

well I've been up since 5am, not for any reason just because that seems to be around the time that my internal clock seems to go off. Oh how i wish I could sleep in until 9 am. My sister in law can sleep until noon. When able though, i do take an hour rest/nap in the early afternoon. not longer, and sometimes I'll snooze for just 2o or 30 minutes and feel so refreshed. I used to feel guilty about resting in the daytime. . .not anymore. if i get the chance........ I'll take it :0). after all my days are usually 18 hour days, so a nap is in order to keep me semi happy throughout the evening.
I've been enjoying my porch since early morning.... it is cooler and not as humid right now with a few rain showers/thunder storms. Nothing like a morning on the porch to calm my spirit and remember to put my life in perspective and I am reminded about the Serenity Prayer..... in its entirety:

Serenity Prayer

" God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace, Taking as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make ALL things right if I surrender to His will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life, and Supremely happy with Him forever in the next. "

well i am going back to my little slice of heaven on Earth (the porch), I think God and i need to spend a little time with each other..... He misses me :0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i did not know Christina was God, since that was who you were on the porch with when i woke up. (: