Monday, March 31, 2008

Here We Go Again!

Yep, it's me Christina, blogging to let you know what's going on with Sandi. I took her to her appt. this afternoon. When I picked her up, Andrew came out of the house carrying a back pack. I asked him if he was planning on going camping or something, and he said that it was his Mom's just in case she had to go to the hospital. Well, long story short. She did have to go. While we were waiting in the office for her to come out, one of the office staff , who just happens to be my SIL, gave me a heads up that it looked like they were going to have to admit Sandi. We then had to figure out how she was going to get there, since I was going to take Drew to his oral surgeon appt. at 3:00. Turns out she waited with us in my car for about a half hour till Drew and I had to leave to get to his appt. on time. Bill was on his way to get Sandi. I think she only had to wait at the office for about 10-15 mins. till he got there.

So Drew and I procede to his appt. We get there right on time and have to fill out the paper work and everything. Everything was going fine till I had to tell them that I couldn't sign anything because I wasn't his Mom. Well, you should have seen the look on the office girls face. I don't think she's ever had to deal with that dilema before. They had to ask the office manager if Andrew could still be seen. Ends up that they did examine him. He does need to have surgery, but it's a long and involved process. He needs to have braces for about 18 months to 2 years. Then they will do the surgery to fix his jaw problems.

So back to Sandi.........I called her when I got home and she is going to have an MRI tonight. They want to see if she has any blockages first. Then it's on to a scope, probably tomorrow. The doc thinks that this is all stemming from the high doses of steroids and antibiotics they had to give her to fix her lungs. She said the doctor apologized to her and said that they really messed up her stomach. She was gracious enough to tell him not to feel bad. That they had to do that to help her to breathe and that breathing easier was way worth the bad stomach she has now. Hopefully, we'll get this girl all straightened out and we'll be able to have her back to normal.........well as normal as can be expected ;~) Lol, just joshing!

Okay, that's all the info I have for now. I'm going up to the hospital tomorrow, my aunt is also in the hosp. and I was planning on visiting her so I'll stop in and see Sandi too. I'll probably be back on tomorrow to catch you up on the progress. Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Patti Rambles On said...

Oy, what a day.
Thanks for the update Chris.

Kim said...

Thanks for the update, Chris.

Love ya!