Thursday, November 22, 2007

sadness on Thanksgiving.

I was getting ready to do the Thanksgiving Blog at 8 this morning...... i even started it with....... what a beautiful day and so much to be Thankful for........... and then the phone rings, it is my X husband calling to tell me that my nephew, was killed in a Car accident last night. He was the same age as Katie, (just turned 18 in September) and he was our neighbor for the first 6 years of his life. He and Katie were inseparable before he moved to Oregon 13 years ago. what a punch in the stomach. I feel for the grandparents, and his parents, and he has a 14 year old brother and a 8 year old sister. Alex , a blond haired, blue eyed, sweet sweet boy no longer with Us. Katie took it the hardest, these days with computers and my space, and Verizon to Verizon cell phones.... it was easy to keep in touch. I can't imagine the pain that his mom feels....... I try, but i just can't. She is an awesome mom. How do you go on? How do you ever find joy again? How do you try and go on for the kids left behind?........ the sadness....... Alex, I'll always be your Aunt, and I'll always remember the little blond boy........giggling and laughing with Katie!!! I love you.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Wow Sandi, I am so sorry to hear of your families loss. Life..on this Earth... IS TOO SHORT... You all will see him again in the next life Eternity.
xxoo
Kellie

Patti Rambles On said...

Oh that's just awful Sandi.
May you find comfort in your memories of him.
:xoxo: