Saturday, November 10, 2007

if it seems the fates are against you today.... they probably are!!!!

It wasn't my greatest morning this morning. And i found myself overwhelmed and easy to tears. To begin with my washing machine isn't working right, it turns on and rotates, but it doesn't spin the water out :(, now this really upset me. this week I was behind on laundry working all the evening shifts and all of Drew's appointments. and you have to understand, I can't get behind in laundry at my house....or we may all get lost. So i am thinking, gee how can this break, we don't have the funds right now for a washing machine....... and i began to worry and dread. BUT i did go to Curves today, and hanging with Christina is always a pick me up!!! and she helps me to put life in perspective when i get so down!!! So I work out at Curves, it feels pretty good, and then we figure out that I could go to Chris' house and do some laundry this morning. So I get in my car, wouldn't you know, it doesn't want to run right, the engine light is coming on......but it sounds really really bad!! .... "i just want to cry". had a nice time doing laundry at Christina's. ..... so i see this fortune cookie on the table, and i had an urge to read it, knowing it was my fortune of the day.....so her son Mike reads it to me........... and what do you think it said??? ".... if it seems the fates are against you today, they probably are!" I had to laugh... how many fortune cookies give negative messages.......... not many!!! I should have just crawled back into bed right then. So i get home, and there was one load of laundry that i didn't dry.......so i put them in my dryer.......and would you believe it didn't work either now........ what gives!!! However in the mean time, I put my problems in perspective today... so.......... I raised my fist in the air, and I yelled out loud, " Satan you can't take away my joy, God is in control of my life!!!" I am feeling better, Andrew is doing great, I have this awesome pain in the butt husband who loves me, I have the greatest friends in the world. I have a beautiful warm home, we may be a little tight financially right now, but we pay our bills, we have good food for the table, we have a little extra to order pizza, or go out to eat every now and then. My foot feels great, i am having no problem ( last year at this time, i could barely walk) My blood work came back perfect!!! I am sitting here at my job that i love, it's so quiet, most of the kids are off campus for the weekend, So i am reading a good book, drinking warm chamomile mint tea, eating a snack of an apple and Cheddar cheese.... i realize how blessed I am!!!

tomorrow I actually have a day off, I got to figure out how to wash my clothes...and I'd like to do my Yoga tape. but that is it......... The kids are going to their grandparents for dinner, so it's just Bill and Me for a while,....... i am sure he will have plan's of his own........ football!!!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hey Hope you have a better week. I really believe that laundry is a evil curse. It is NEVER all done!!! Good luck.