Friday, November 02, 2007

Almost a 5th child!!!

yeah, a couple of days ago, the agency we work with called me and told me they had a young man in our school district in need of a home, so that he could graduate from this school He is a 17 year old senior. It took me off guard, but i didn't immediately say no, as I needed to wait, think, and pray about it. Also It would never work unless I had 100% support from everyone in my home. I also needed to gather information, because regardless of this child's need... my children's needs come first, and I couldn't endanger whom i am protecting now. So if he his sexually aggressive, or has explosive behavior, or is a "fire" starter... well then it would be NO. As it turns out this young man is actually pretty "normal". but does seem to hang out with the wrong crowd. this is why he is leaving his previous home, the parents are too strict and won't let him out after dark, and won't let him go to certain friends homes. ( um, duh!!! those are my rules too, and prob worse). Samuel and Andrew immediately said "Yes, mom, how could you say no....... if you have a chance to change someones life, you have to do it". Corey was okay with it, but had to let me know that this kids does like to "hang" on the streets and he sneaks from his other home. And Katie was a NO. this boy is in her class, and although he's not much trouble, he is odd, and she said she'd feel uncomfortable, she did offer to go live with her Dad or grandparents for a few months if we decided. Later Corey told me, that he this boy may have a crush on Katie, which would prob make Katie more uncomfortable.. It in itself isn't a bad thing... actually most of Corey's friend have a"crush" on Katie. but it just wouldn't make things comfortable.

Sometimes i don't want any more, but sometimes I think God would like me to take more.... after these ones are raised of course, And Katie is not like the boys...... she thinks enough is enough..... and for a while I have to respect her thoughts........ but if she's still living here when she's 30..... well tough for her.......... ;0) I guess if I really think about it. 4 teenagers are plenty at one time. But there are sooooooooooo many children in need out there. Corey has been with us for 3+ years now. And the agency told me it is rare that kids in his situation flourish. well we lucked out with a good kid. His grades are improving, he's social, he's happy, he stopped therapy over a year ago. He's affectionate, and loving, he's my boy. oh i forgot to mention annoying and a pain too :0) but what teenage boy isn't.

I am still feeling absolutely terrible, the muscle aches haven't changed much..... and I am so tired. I am coughing more today. I work until about 8pm tonight. Tomorrow the family is coming over for Lasagna dinner. and Sunday I plan on resting resting resting..... the kids and Bill have been great about keeping up with the house and laundry these past few days that i haven't been home...... and if it is NOT perfect, so what. Next week I have several doctor appointments for drew, and I work a few days too. it is hard to believe that Thanksgiving break is right around the corner!!! how time flies the older we get.

Well I am going to get going here, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
make it a good one.

No comments: