Saturday, June 16, 2007

~~~Two for you Melody~~~

I am just thinking, approx 5 months ago, about the time that I first read about Melody's Journey.... i was in the worst shape of my life. I couldn't even walk from my car to my house (25 feet) without getting totally out of breath. Today, In honor of Melody, i leisurely walked 2 miles in a little over 30 minutes. Katie went with me, and I had the honor of walking and talking with Melody's father for the 2 mile walk. I am getting used to walking 3 and 4 miles in the evenings.....and usually with many hills and i have hiked 6 and 7 miles a couple of times......... I've come a long way baby!!!! So why the pout the other day. I am just going to suck it up, and put my big girl panties on as my friend Patti says. Feeling good about myself, and enjoying a healthy body is so much more rewarding than anything that food can offer me.

Melody's father is a good man......who is doing the best that he can missing his daughter so terribly,..... I was honored to walk with him, although i must admit, it broke my heart knowing the pain his heart must feel.

Take a moment to appreciate your life, and appreciate the ones you love. And put your life's stresses in perspective. i am sure Chad and Melody's parents would trade you any day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got to walk Saturday, and meet Melody's parents. I've got my meeting tonight, but I'll call you. You interested in doing any hiking tomorrow night?