Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No car, ....a blessing for two days

I must admit that it has been nice not having a car for two days. it's in the shop getting ready for the big beach trip!!! brakes, window fixed, plugs changed, oil changed, etc. etc. And yesterday i was "stuck at home" and loved it. Got my housework done, made a nice dinner, got my laundry done,...and everything in between. I DID go to Curves yesterday evening, Christina took me. I am glad that I went. got back home just in time to enjoy the Summer storms. have i mentioned before that i love storms. We pick up the car this evening.

I must be honest here, after doing the walk for melody on Sunday, I notice my foot is hurting right where it used too. this is the first time since my Fitness Quest. The walk was only 2 miles so that wasn't a problem, I am not sure if it was because i walked hard on the pavement. or it could be that because it's summer, i am not wearing my tennis shoes with the inserts for my foot as often. ( i wear summer sandals). Regardless of why, I am going to keep an eye on it. and not let it go for 8 months before i get it checked. So we will see, thankfully Curves doesn't seem to bother it at all.

I am steadily losing a pound or two a week. I can't ask for much more than that. I am not real hungry anymore, and still have to figure out how to eat all the food that i am supposed to eat. But i am not going to fret, or let this bother me, I am doing what i am supposed to be doing.... and that's what matters.

Kim, i am keeping you in my prayers, and it's great knowing.......no matter what!
God IS in control.

Saturday i am making a new walking stick with Gina .....I am so excited! Bill thinks i am nuts! he said " go in the woods and pick up a stick". men, they just don't understand. It's this old man that makes really nice sticks, and he's going to help us make our own...... I love to use a walking stick when i am on a trail.

Well i think i am going to do a yoga tape today....... and maybe a hike this evening, if we get back in time from getting the car. I must stay focused, and continue to do what I am doing........... I remember my promise to Melody!!!

Make it a good one today

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Call me if you want to hike tonight...I'll come and get you if you still don't have a car!

Sandi said...

duh Gina i forgot...... tonight is Sammy's last baseball game!!! so i guess after i pick up the car, we come home and go to sam's game..... so how does thurs sound to ya!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a plan!