Thursday, June 21, 2007

a hurdle i must jump

..... not too happy, but what can i do?? my foot is really bothering me. I mean like it used too. I am frustrated, i can do 7 miles on a trail, but 2 miles of power walking on pavement did me in. I have an appointment with my podiatrist on Tuesday.... So until i see him, I'll continue going to Curves but i will hold off for a week on walking.... i am taking Ibuprofen, keeping my foot elevated when i can, and icing it for 20 minutes at a time every two hours..... and i gotta keep a positive outlook, and persevere with my quest!! I am tempted to walk through the pain............ but I have to be smart too. and since i just hurt it Saturday..... maybe a few days off.....with proper rest and treatment will work for me. Thank goodness Curves doesn't effect it........ so even if i have to do curves 5 days a week.....and my yoga tape doesn't effect it, so there is no EXCUSE not to keep my butt moving.

Gina, i am looking forward to the stick making....and do you have any thoughts on a movie yet???

5 comments:

Kim said...

If you're looking for a chick flick, may I suggest two movies NOT to watch??? Pass on "Because I Said So" and "Music and Lyrics". mediocre at best, in my humble ioinion. I'll tell you what I did like though....."The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and that chick from Titanic.

Okay, I'll shut up now. Once a Blockbuster employee always a Blockbuster employee.

Oh, oh , oh and how about "Little Miss Sunshine"?????? Kind of a dark comedy with some questionable humor and subject matter. But a fantastic movie!

Okay, I am finished......

Kim said...

That was to be opinion. I have no clue what an ioinion is.
LOL

Patti Rambles On said...

Sandi, if you just let the "nurse in you" communicate with the "patient in you".....................
Love ya g/f.

Unknown said...

Ooh, Kim, I agree! Sandi, I have Little Miss Sunshine...it's one of my absolute favorites. She's right, it may not be suitable for the young'uns, but it is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I hope you mend soon and the doctor has positive news for you so that you can return to your hikes soon.

Take care!