Sunday, June 10, 2007

I am in pain........

um, Melody disregard any messages sent to you at around the 6 mile hike marker!!! It's just my spirit was into it, my heart was into it, hey and even my lungs were into at this time........ BUT i failed to tell my legs from the knees down that i was hiking 7 miles after doing 4 miles yesterday. And right now my feet are not happy!!!

I am going to be honest, i am in "a lot" of pain, my feet are throbbing like a tooth ache...... and i feel wonderful. I am SO proud of Gina, she spent all day at church working a spaghetti dinner, and still went with me on this hike...... We were both in the same shape towards the end, and actually 5 miles into it, both our bodies were ready to s.t.o.p., but we had 2 more miles to get back to the car.
Melody, you inspire me so much, and meeting Chad was such a highlight today...what way to end an evening but with a hike that pushed my physical limits at this time.

Well it's about time to get into my whirlpool tub, put lotion on my aching body. take a couple of ibuprofen, ice my surgical foot down.....and go to bed.

dinner tonight was roast beef, and fresh strawberries

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job to the both of you!

Unknown said...

Thanks, anonymous! So, how do you know Sandi?

Unknown said...

Sandi, I am feeling every inch of those seven miles right now!! I could barely get out of bed this morning! But despite the aches and pains, I do feel good. (And the scale was nice to me this morning!)