Thursday, February 01, 2007

On your mark......get set............GO

I changed blog/blog names. And as i wrote in my previous blog. A stranger, battling cancer, changed my life. Not sure how this happened. I mean I am a nurse, I've heard/ seen many wonderful people dealing with cancer, life and death. I have had the honor of being with someone during their final moments on this earth..... But there was something different about this Melody person, I only knew her through her journal, But the attitude, perseverance and hope was amazing... she was No ordinary woman, and i bet she is no ordinary angel. When i read her journey in the beginning of January, i was quite touched. As sick as she was,on chemo and radiation and such, she set goals...... she kept healthy, during a time after a bone marrow transplant, i think she had a stationary bike in her little bubble of a room. And she walked the halls until she wore the tiles out. She had a vision, (a marathon), and a plan. Never once in her journal did she say woo is me, feel sorry for me.... .... .....

well, here i am so out of shape and over weight, using every little excuse imaginable to not work out, get healthy... So On January 3, 2007 i made a promise to myself, and a goal to accomplish. in honor of this woman. (I asked Jesus to relay the message, so i am sure she knows.) I would like to accomplish a 10 mile hike, in honor of Melody. i cannot imagine the loss that her family and friends are feeling. i mean if she had this impact on a stranger.......

because of recent foot surgery done in December, i am not allowed to walk/hike outdoors yet. so instead of just sitting around using this as an excuse..... i am not going to accomplish my goal sitting on my butt....... so i had my first day at "Curves", an all woman's gym.... it feels good to do something again... i am calling this quest "Melody's mile", that is why i named my blog that too.

i have 100 lbs to lose, that seems like a lot, but hey i only want to lose it one pound at a time. and actually i won't even focus on the weight, i focus on eating right and exercising, the weight thing will take care of itself....

Before i read Melody's journal, i used to say i want to loose weight so i could soar with the eagles. after reading Melody's journal , seeing how she lived every day, every moment to the fullest. and knowing that our Spirits our weightless......... i now Soar with the Eagles...... my body will follow

I will post a picture soon (100+ lbs overweight) so i can compare it as my body changes.

Please join me in this journey

No comments: