Friday, February 16, 2007

Dream....... Believe........Achieve

My dream is to be healthy, my dream is to ride roller coasters with the kids, without panicking that i may not be able to fit in the seat with the seat belt. My dream is to go Kayaking without worrying about not fitting properly in the boat, or not being able to put on the issued life jackets. My dream is to be able to go splashing in the rain and mud puddles without looking ridiculously fat. My dream is being able to jump on the trampoline with my kids, or by myself in the light of a full moon...without worrying that i am going to have a heart attack, or worrying that my butt will touch the ground as I jump. hey just being honest here.

I believe that this will happen, not by itself, not by fate, BUT by hard work and determination. I am working hard, loving Curves, got my allotted 3 days in, as well as Walking to tapes in front of the TV. My foot is improving daily......... and although it will ache after a while on it, the pain is different, doesn't seem to be nerve involvement... I think pretty soon, I'll be able to start small walks on flat surfaces..... I love hiking in the snow and the rain, actually i like hiking in the fall and winter better than the dead of summer........ Next Fall Melody, i am hoping to give you that 10 mile hike i promised you!!! you have inspired me more than anyone I've ever known, and actually I didn't know you! Not sure where the hike is going to be, haven't decided yet.......i just KNOW it's gonna happen.


The stress of the past weekend with Bills mom and family, has caused me to get overly stressed which has back fired into some Tachycardia........ wow, stress can be brutal for your body.... so i am trying to focus and relax........ and understand what i can and can not control. It's easier said than done.....but i gotta remember that God is in Control, in every aspect of my life... including this Quest to better health. So i think i am ready to incorporate Yoga into my routine, even 1 day a week....... Curves 3 days, walking 3 days and yoga 1. ... this is a body, soul and spirit journey......... need all three to work together.

talk to you soon

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm praying for ya girl! It's inspiring to read your words. Four weeks till the Patti Train roles into town and I get to finally meet both of you! I have a new pair of much needed hiking shoes coming UPS on Monday....AND the weather is supposed to be less frigid. Schenley Park, here I come!
Love ya, sis!
Kim