Monday, February 12, 2007

Can Stress make you fat?

What a busy emotional weekend, and I did great. To begin with, on Saturday, even amongst the stress and busy schedule........i did manage to go to Chris' house and exercise. Yeah i got 6 days of exercise in :) and it already is starting to feel good. The drama has to do with my husbands dysfunctional.........and i mean dysfunctional family. last year at this time, his parents became homeless, and had been abused by the youngest of their sons. My mother in law was very ill at the time. And the abuse was terrible.... too extensive to write about. So lets see, how can i make a very long and detailed story short?? Out of 7 Children, my husband was the only sibling to take a stand, and try to help his parents. They came here, and i nursed my mother in law back to health, and was in the process of helping them find housing.. Sadly though my father in law died at our home.
Father in law, made restitution and apologies to God, To His Wife, and to his son......my husband. After his death, my mother in law decided to visit with family down south, and had been there for a few months, she was waiting until i had and recuperated from my foot surgery. this weekend it was decided she had to come back up to Pennsylvania......and now. Not one single sibling offered to help with this transfer.... Finally my husband and I decided we would have to go down and pick her up..... so yesterday, we left at 4:30am to head down to the end of W.V. to meet his mother half way. The second i saw her, i new something was wrong,........ she looked like she gained 50/60lbs. she couldn't walk without totally losing her breath........ to me she looked like she was going into Congestive Heart Failure. so we drove straight back to Pa. and headed to the hospital. it was there that i lost it, just started to cry......... i spoke honestly with my mother in law. that she was too difficult to take care of right now, and i wasn't even sure if I could get her home and in my house. At this point, she has difficulty dressing, walking, eating, using her arms and properly doing activities of daily living. I did this last year with her, and put my life on hold. I am only 39 years old, and i shouldn't be this unhealthy. ................ This time, though i told her i am on a quest........ for myself, and that has to take priority, so that i can truly be of more use to God, my husband, my children and society

God provides the right people at the right time.........there is no such thing as accidental meeting Well it just so happens that i ran into a nurse friend whom I've always adored, from when i worked at Indiana Hospital. * p.s. her name happens to be Melody. that must be the magic name for me right now. :) i told her everything. Well it ends up that Mom does have active CHF right now, so she was admitted, and the doctor in the ER spoke with me and explained that the hospital will help us place her in the kind of home that she needs at this time....... Mom is okay with that and kind of happy. and they will help when she gets better, getting her into some type of assisted living...... That my husband and I don't have to do it on our own. I am thankful that his sister down south gave us a break, while i was dealing with my foot. But his family up here is terrible, They wouldn't help........but if we make a decision, they'll come out like angry hornets stinging and fighting, as to why Bill and I did this, and that. I pray that God gives me strength, and that Love shows thru......which at this point, ain't gonna happen!!! sorry!!! I have to understand, that these children grew up in a house full of hate, and jealousy, anger, and worthlessness....and each child now as an adult has to find their way out ...... but they have to want it, you can only blame your past for so long, and then there is a time that you must become accountable for your own actions, regardless of your past.


regardless of all that is going on..........my quest DOES have to come first..... so Sunday was my body's day off. This afternoon, to Curves i go. I hope Christina realizes how much i appreciate what she is doing for me. it's so much better working with an exercise buddy..... that forces, well encourages me to make a plan to exercise, and stick with it. this could save my life, it's ridiculous for a 39 year old to have high high blood pressure, and lung problems....... i believe it's still early and these can be reversed....... sorry this passage is so long............but hey it's a lot that happened in such a short weekend.

blessing to you all

No comments: