Thursday, February 08, 2007

If you do it often enough........will it become a habit?

Not sure, but i am sure going to try to get the "habit" thing going with exercise. Katie was sick all last night, and although she's 17, she still wants her mama. So she wake's me up at 2 am so that i too can enjoy the sounds of her puking her guts out. So i hung out in her bedroom with her until 6 am, which at this time her puking seemed to be under control, to get a few hours of sleep. I knew that i would prob be taking her to the doctors today, because the poor thing has been dealing with some nasty virus/illness for 3+ weeks, and i don't want to take any chances. And i also new that I had work at 2pm. So How easy it would have been to skip the appointment i made with Christina, to do a walking tape with her? I never even thought about it. I just scheduled Katie's appointment at 10:30am, plenty of time to go work out, get Katie to the doctors, go home shower and get ready for work....... I am so motivated, that Angel has me so motivated, it's almost like she comes around.......and kicks my behind, if i even think about quiting. Chris doesn't help matters much either :). so i heard once if you do something long enough, that it becomes a habit, and you just automatically do it. So if i exercise regularly without missing, will it become easier to follow the program.? Most people start out with such a strong motivation..... and it dies rather quickly....... so I've gotta stay motivated, as I am forming good habits... I've been super motivated for almost two months now, since i read Melody's Journal. Accountability is a good thing too, and i am accountable just by starting this journal. Reading Melody's Journal weekly reminds me of my promise. And it's funny I've been on "diets" on and off all of my life........but i always focused on my weight. This is the first time that i don't give that a thought. I haven't jumped on the scale, hey i just realized that now, i haven't jumped on the scale in two months. Curves will weigh me every month or so i think. It's just that my goal is No longer my weight.......... it's my health, it's healing my body.. it's strengthening my Spirit.... it's learning about no longer taking my body, or my life for granted, that i am responsible for myself, and laying the blame on genetics, or medical set backs, or busy schedules, or slow metabolism... that's all a crock!!!

Although my focus isn't food yet, i am finding because i am putting so much effort into working out, don't seem to want to over do it........ trying to treat food as fuel
for lunch today i packed 100% whole grain bread with sliced chicken breast/lettuce 1tsp. of mayo..... (the real thing, the fat free is too high in sugar and such) , 1/2 cup of cherry tomato's, celery with 2 tsp of peanut butter o natural, 1/2 c sugar free/fat free van fla yogurt with 1/2c of frozen mixed berries on top. oh and 1 string cheese (low fat) And for my chocolate craving. i have 1 small square of dark chocolate singles by Dove. Now i won't eat all of this at once, I'll eat it through out the evening .... so that i eat every couple of hours. I think that is pretty healthy. and a good mixture of lean protein, good complex carbs, veggies and fruits. And with it i drink lots of tea, and plain water, love my water right now. Gee when i am ready to focus on food, i just might be ready

May God Bless you on this beautiful day.

No comments: