Sunday, February 22, 2009

Never Assume.........

Well Christina and I figured that since we were going to the gym Sunday again. (gym doesn't even open until noon, unless you have an appointment with a trainer) to meet Johnny at 8:30, that we would more than like do a large circle on various exercise stations around the gym...... we would do this circle 2 times ...... well well well...... with Johnny we should never "assume" anything! today he did something totally new and different.... he had us work each muscle group to fatigue before we move to the next muscle group.....so it went like 6 sets of pulling, 6 sets of pushing..... 6 sets of squatting, 6 sets of abs.......... i am going to tell you ...... (please cover your ears Mrs. Cartwright)it was an absolute B.I.T.C.H.!!! today was the first time I worked a muscle group to the point of muscle cramps. believe it or not, it was during various abdominal exercises, Johnny said i had fatigued my abdominal muscles so much my thighs had no help...... well Johnny........i didn't do it?, ummm you made me do it .... i am just sayin'. He talked to me later on this morning and said that Chris and I work really hard, he can tell we are giving 100%.....he likes that in a client. He also told Chris and I today there are clients that don't want to listen, refuse to listen.....he says why waste his time......he sends them to T.R. ( who is the adorable very over weight personal trainer ,who loves to eat candy at the desk.......).
I had a little eating issue on Friday that i was quick to notice... it seems like on a partial semiconscious/ partial conscious on my part. I was eating more food than i should....... did i totally pig out....... absolutely not...... could i have started in that direction....ABSOLUTELY! no i didn't have gallons of ice cream, or whole pizza's... but i noticed...... i had 4 chicken legs......when I've been having 2. and instead of one piece of pie ( i made home made pumpkin pie for Sammy) i had one piece, but cut a sliver every time i went into the kitchen. Normally i have 1 sugar free pudding..... seemed like i had 4 that day....... it seems like deep down i was eating extra, because soon i won't be able to without physical discomfort.. ....... oh i have done great since Friday.......but i am going to have to make a conscious effort to remember this.. it will take me about 6 weeks to be able to transition into a regular diet with extra small portions....and then about 6 more weeks before i will be able to eat a normal portion...... . The BIG key to my success will ultimately be with my brother Johnny and a consistent workout routine... Dr Corcoulas said that ultimately the best results from this surgery are those that incorporate a normal exercise routine...... that is why on the PREP study we started to monitor exercise in September........ I've been so blessed to be chosen for the study......
Well i am going to get a nice hot bath....and then Bill is going to put pure essential Peppermint oil on my aching muscles... and i am going to grab my book and read for a while... ..... sounds like a plan to me

No comments: