Thursday, February 19, 2009

~> March 19,2009 <~

Is the date that my Lap band surgery is scheduled. I added a little countdown timer. I must admit the second I got the date i was both excited and scared at the same time~ and something would be wrong with me if i didn't feel both!!
I've been working towards this date for 1 year. and 9 months of intense preparation. I will continue to do what i am doing.......... i will continue to plug away.......... i will continue towards my goal of better health..... i will continue to Trust that God is with me and helping me with this Journey.......... I will continue!!!!
God Bless Bill, he is so excited for me. already making plans to stay at a near by hotel so that he is close by. I will spend the night and come home Friday......... some go to work after a few days........ i will not do anything for 2 weeks........ i am sure i am going to go crazy with clear liquids for a full week..... and then thick liquids for a week, then pureed for a week then pureed II for a week then ...... well you get the picture
like when i had my foot surgery i followed the doctors advice to the T, 12 weeks of no weight baring....... almost drove me nuts, BUT i listened and 2 years later....... absolutely NO problems...... So i have about a month to make my broth, stock up on jello and sugar free Popsicles, get protein shakes........ get the house in some kind of order........ big grocery shopping...... and work my ass off at Brother Johnny's gym......
wow.......its almost here

1 comment:

Patti Rambles On said...

Sandi, you are really ready and prepared to continue this process. BTW, check with the hospital. Some will let the hubby stay in the room with you all night. At Mayo in Scottsdale they even have big chairs that fold back into beds right in the patients room. Others have strict visiting hours but it's worth a shot.
xoxo