Monday, December 03, 2007

Only Patti, only Patti

Only Patti can take a process, and change that "process" three more times before she gets it to just the right plan for her.......but those who know Patti, Love her!!!

I haven't been blogging as much lately. And I haven't even started decorating for Christmas yet!! and if I can be honest, I don't really feel like it right now.
I know that I am no longer a Frassenei, but i can't get Alex and his family out of my mind! he will ALWAYS be my nephew. I can't imagine how his parents and immediate family are dealing with this. I am finding that my quiet moments are when I think about it the most!!! before i fall asleep, when i wake up, and several times in between!!! I hear the pain in his Grandparents voices and I just know how much his parents value their Children.... it's unthinkable the pain and emptiness that they must feel. Alex little boy, you have suddenly made me look at Christmas time in a new light, you truly have....... suddenly making sure my kids get the biggest and best gifts are not a priority, or if I have the house decorated perfect, or going deep into debt to buy buy buy......that is NOT what it is about. I have my children with me, I have a warm beautiful home, I have friends that mean the world to me, and i have a kitchen full of food.... What more on this earth could i possibly want?? Before Alex died, I was so worried about what and how i was going to get this and that for Christmas, worried about minor dilemmas dealing with the annual Christmas Party.... already feeling overwhelmed by everything that "has" to be done. And suddenly i realize how quickly a life can change, how quickly someone can leave this Earth..........and suddenly the problems of yesterday, are really not a problem at all!!! And i know a broken family in Oregon, that would switch me "problems" any day.

Well tomorrow Andrew heads back to Pittsburgh to meet up with one of his doctors. Hoping things go well for him. I think I am going to do Curves tomorrow evening, Thursday Morning and Sat morning, well at least that is the plan.... Sammy is sick today, and he is still at the age that he wants his mama. I had to come to work, so Aunt Lou came up to be with him.

Oh, my father-in-laws, (i hate saying X father-in-law) Christmas gift is finished... I don't know if I mentioned it on past blogs, but Pap Al was helping me with my walking stick that I've been working on.... it is a staff that I use for hiking, maybe you've seen them at Craft shows. Big Al wanted one for when he goes berry picking and such..... So i thought I'd have one made and Personalized. I had Carved into the walking stick the saying " a grandpas love is forever"
and underneath, i had all the grand kids names engraved starting with the oldest /first grandchild, and ending with my foster son, who they have "adopted" and treat as their own.

Ashley
Alex
Katie
Andrew
Seth
Samuel
Tyler
Gabriella
Corey

I just thought it would be cool to do this, to honor Alex, and let the world know, that Death can't break the bond of Love that family has for one another.

oh gee, i am so sappy, i gotta get over this........

2 comments:

Patti Rambles On said...

Was it only three times?
I'm getting better.
:xoxo:

Anonymous said...

i am older than alex mother.. thanks. i know its only 14 days, but still.