Friday, December 14, 2007

Blessed!!!!!

Yup, that is just what I am feeling right now! Blessed to have the family that I have. Blessed to have the friends that I have. I don't think I'd trade my life for any other life out there in all honesty.

Kim called and let me know that everything went really well.....they took the bandages off and she could see.... Thank you God for this miracle, how amazing that doctors can take a donor cornea and place it on someone else..........and it knows exactly what to do!!!!

The house is modestly decorated this year, nothing outside yet other than the wreath!!! but that is okay. Family is coming to the house tomorrow, for our annual Christmas Party.... and i am not getting too worked up, actually I am not getting worked up at all!!! What will be-will be!!! Bill and I were going to do a road trip on Sunday, but it was toward Erie, and snow and Ice.... so we scrapped that plan. Bill may be off again on Monday. I am doing a ham, and stuffed shells for Saturday, and I should get the shell done and ready tonight...... so i just have to put it in the oven.... so no stress there........ everyone else is bringing a covered dish, so the brunt isn't on me.

last year at this time i was 5 days post op from major foot surgery....... my foot has healed well. and i am so thankful for that.

It was during this time last year that Melody was coming down to her final days on Earth!!! I am praying that the families can find comfort and peace somehow this year. And Alex's family is just trying to get by day to day.......as his death is so new..... I guess I can see why this time of the year is such a contrast of joy and despair!!! yes the lights, the presents, the parties, the decorating, the tree's, Santa, little children, baking, smells of sugar cookies, pine, and Cinnamon in the air, Christmas Carole's..... this is all joyful!!! but for the many out there that has suffered such a tragic loss, the death of a loved one, the homeless, the lonely, the sick, the poor....... Christmas time magnifies what they do not have. We must all try and remember the day Christmas began......... was a quiet night, cold and dark. the stable was warm from the radiating heat from the animals, the smell of hay and manure mixed together permeated the air, and the soft cries of a baby lying in the manger, the gift offered to all... the rich and the poor, the strong and the weak, the joyful and the depressed. This gift doesn't recognize social status or wealth.... what a gift!!!

well today is my last day at work for a few weeks, and I hope to take advantage of that. I did go to Curves today and that is a good thing..... I know they will be starting the nutrition classes in January, I'd like to join again. so informative and it really makes you accountable too.

love and blessing to you all, but i should get to work

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hey Sandi Have a Great Day tomorrow. Thanks for updating us on Kim. Your Blog today is beautiful.