Friday, December 28, 2007

Remembering Melody

today marks the one year date of when Melody left this earth and became an Angel. Time moves on, life moves on. I have been praying peace for her family. I am sure Christmas was difficult missing such a beautiful family/friend. It's not like, okay "grieving is over, it's been a year" I am sure every Christmas will have a small piece of emptiness forever. but the year of firsts are over...... Melody, does a year seem like a minute to you in Heaven? I know that you are fine, and I know that all though we never met on Earth, i know you've become an important part in my life!!! I can truly say, that even knowing your memory, and what kind of women you were, has changed my life for the good. And I Thank you for it. Chad, Melody's husband asked that we remember Melody with a moment of silence at Noon today....

This past Christmas for me, was filled with very different emotions. I did remember Melody..... but i also have been dealing with the Life and Death situation of my Nephew. Mike, is still holding his own. He is still in a "coma" and it has been 5 days. We haven't seen movement or "signs" of life from him since this happened. The nursing staff has. and in the past 48 hours have been nothing but positive improvement. There is just a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I don't think that will go away until he wakes up, and breaths on his own. I woke up at 2:30 am last night, almost in a panic attack about Michael, and i ended up getting pretty worked up......... and then I remembered that God is in Control, and how i feel and think have absolutely NOTHING to do with Mike getting better. i had to be thankful the phone did not ring in the middle of the night, i have to be thankful that Michael is alive and fighting, I have to be thankful that all news in the past 2 days have been positive...... i have to be still and let God be God!!! I will call the hospital this morning for an update on Mikes progress. Continue your prayers, I want my Nephew to wake up!!!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Hang in there Sandi. We are praying for you all.
BTW, Mike may just need some time to get the Cooties to wear off since you did kiss him. LOL Just a thought, ya know.

Love ya

Kim said...

LOL. This is true!