Sunday, December 30, 2007

Jumping for JOY!!!

Michael is off of the ventilator....... Amen, Amen, Amen. and he is talking and alert and oriented, umm, most of the time.... and then all of the pain medications kick in and he sees pink elephants in his room. Doug had called me from his room to tell me that Mike was alert, he had his tube still down his throat, but the ventilator was just assisting him.. and then he said, that they were taking the intubation tube out of his throat and he'd call me right back......... one hour later, Doug calls me, to tell me the tube is out,.......... and then he talks to someone in the room and says " I'm talking to Aunt Sandi" and then all of the suddenly, Michael gets on the phone and whispers..... "aunt Sandi, i love you, come and see me"...... I just started to cry......i mean really cry..... and i didn't stop until i went to bed last night...... I guess when Doug was talking to me, Mike wanted to know who he was talking to, and when Doug said my name , he reached for the phone.......... Me, Bill and Katie went to see Michael last night....... the boy is awake, breathing on his own.... he is so weak, and just in a weeks time, his muscles have already begun to atrophy......... (weaken) and it scared Mike that he couldn't move his hands without great effort...... he already had mild foot drop, and will need Physical therapy for a while....... the nurse said his lungs are soooooooo bad, and at any other hospital, they'd think he was in terrible condition, but knowing where he just was, they think he is in good condition. He has a long road. Doug and Donna left the hospital at the same time we did........ and I guess Donna his mom said, when they said good bye......... he asked if "Aunt Sandi could stay with him tonight" if the hospital would have let me......... i would have, but he needed rest... and they were going to sedate him so he could get some rest...... and I wasn't allowed...

There is nothing more priceless on this Earth, than human life........NOTHING!!!! and I've learned that so greatly this holiday season.....beginning at Thanksgiving time when Alex died... and Christmas time when Michael almost died....... hug your family and friends.......... and if you are holding on to any anger at someone....... let it go now............ life is precious and short....... to keep anger and resentment in your heart.

Happy NEW YEAR

No comments: