Sunday, December 16, 2007

The walking stick!!!!

well my Christmas party is over...... and it was a success. I didn't stress, I didn't kill myself to have a spotless house. I didn't over cook,... wow it is taking me awhile but i think i am finally getting it.
Christina.... your family is truly my family in every way.... and I love you all so much.

The hit of the evening was giving my father in law his gift. If you remember i had a walking stick made for him in honor of his grandchildren.... it was a very personal gift. of course we couldn't wrap this stick up to disguise it too well...... so I typed him a message and wrapped in up in a box,....... it said, I tried really hard to get your present in this box, i really tried, it just wouldn't fit. so if you would please close your eyes and count to 10 really slow. You are the best. ......
then my daughter went and got the stick, and he opened his eyes... and just looked at it...... didn't say a word.... and then he read: A grandpaps love is forever! and then the names of all of his grandchildren below that. Including the grandson he lost a few weeks ago, and Corey, the foster boy that nobody wanted that he "adopted" when he came to live with us. This precious man is truly my FAVORITE man on this earth! even including my wonderful husband! this man loves his family completely, passionately, and with all of his being...... you'd have to just know him to understand. The pain he is feeling right now, I guess none can truly understand. He started to cry........and i mean he just broke down. the house was so quiet, and as i looked around i noticed several of my brothers crying too....... to see this man cry!! but the words on this stick said it all........ and Grandpaps love IS forever. and even death can't separate the love he has for his grandchildren/ what a beautiful way to remember Alex., and honor the grandchildren living . "pappy Al" when I married Albert almost 20 years ago..... you became my father in law, when my dad died almost 14 years ago you became my father. and when Albert and I divorced almost 9 years ago....... you remained my father! I'll always think of you as such.......and i will always love you!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandi,
Thankyou for a wonderful time last night. We love you guys too! I think it's time to officially say you're not only my "Bestest Friend",
you're the sister I never had. Maybe that's why I love to tease you so much!!
As long as I live, I'll never forget the look on Big Al's face when he read the inscription on the walking stick. Next to my Dad in heaven, he's the most wonderful man on the face of this earth, and I thank you for being such a wonderful "daughter" to him.
Love Always,
Christina

Kim said...

Wow, you guys are killing me here! I'm so happy you had a great night! Merry Christmas!

Kellie said...

WOW, It's almost like reading a hallmark commercial. Ya know what they do to my eyes. Love yas all

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi Just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. Sounds like you already had it with your Christmas party. Just wanted to say thanks for being such a good friend to Kim. Hope to meet you some day. I was so glad to hear your son is doing alot better. God Bless, Kim's Mom

Sandi said...

I just love all you guys. Kim's mom, i can't wait to meet you.. i mean just by Kim telling me about you, i already just adore ya!!! Kim is easy to love...... and she really is a good girl!!! you can be proud of her