Friday, October 05, 2007

What an excuse!!!

yeah that is what I've been doing. Excuses for not going to Curves. Excuses for not eating how i am supposed too. Not getting nearly enough of the calories requested. Not getting nearly enough of the protein requested. Prob taking in too much sugar, not probably.... how about definitely taking in too much sugar. Yeah I am working a lot! Yes i have many appointments to take my son to. Yes my other kids have been sick on and off. Yes I have a football game of some sort to attend on every day I have off. Yes I've been dealing with allergy related symptoms.... so where in that equation does it say.... thou need NOT go to Curves today. Thou need not go for a hike today. Thou Need to eat as many strawberry twizzlers through out the day, for no apparent reason. Come on Sandi, get real!!! Every morning I wake up and remember my promise to Melody, ~~that angel is relentless, she just doesn't give up!~~ I am sitting her looking at my schedule, maybe i can't go every time with Christina, and since i switch shifts, I can't go at the same time every day....... but gee, I CAN GO 3 TIMES A WEEK!!! I need to get real, it takes less than 1hour out of my day, driving to-exercising/stretching-driving back. less than 1 hour! I am looking to put another job into my schedule, I may only do this job 4/5 days out of the month. But if i am not dealing with my scheduling now, how in the heck am i going to do this? I realize that Motivation has ups and downs for Everyone.... and I need to continually dig for the motivation from within myself. I need to remember my dreams, goals and promises. Not to the world, Not to my friends, Not to my family, Not to Melody. I need to remember for ME!!!



Just a few weeks before Kim and I take a road trip. I am looking forward to that. I need that now. To get away, to rejuvenate my body and spirit. to step away for a moment from what consumes me...... being a mother, a wife, a nurse, a taxi, a restaurant, a peace keeper, a housekeeper. A couple days to focus on me. That is not a bad thing is it ???



:Update on Drew, I do see improvement, he began home schooling on Tues, and I must say, he now realizes how much he "injured" his brain. last night he had such a major headache after tutoring. and he said he had a difficult time focusing on the task at hand. BUT he is improving, and he is doing exactly what the doctors say he should be doing. So I need to sit back, and have Faith, have faith that God put these doctors in Andrews life for a reason. have faith that they know what they are talking about. have Faith that God has his hand in this. what more do i need?



well i really should get moving here at work. the Kiski boys are starting to come in :0)
it is Friday, have a great weekend

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Sandi, I've been chomping at the bit to kick your ass this week. I know you're busy......but, we're ALL busy....I know you have kids, but they aren't little babies anymore who can't do without you for an hour. What's the youngest, 13? You see, I was trying to be the "sympathetic Christina" but the "old Christina" is back, so watch out!!!!!

Sandi said...

the last thing i need is the "old Christina" back you know she can be a real "b#$ch.

Patti Rambles On said...

Well now you have a local bit@h and a long distance bit@h.

You are not doing your family any favors not taking care of yourself.

The sugar must go. There are all types of no sugar options to satisfy your sweet tooth. Trust me, I have a major sweet tooth.

You must get back to Curves. You love Curves. It only takes 1 measly hour and you feel so much better when you get home.

If a friend was in need and you had to spend an hour away from home to help someone, you'd find the time. Make the time for yourself.

Your family needs you. Your employer needs you. Your friends need you.

Love you g/f.
:xoxo:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

Kim said...

And now for the "out of character" b*tch!

Normally I'd jump right in here.....but truth be told need a verbal spanking as much as you do.

I'm not going to commiserate, because these ladies are absolutely right. But I will say that I think we are truly sisters separated by time and place of birth. The minute I began to have problems with my eyes, I began to self-medicate with sweets and neglect my exercise program. For some reason, although I could see well enough to drive, I could not see well enough to WALK.

This week has been a good one. I cut the desserts at work and I don't keep them at home. I have also been walking again and eating my veggies.

I feel so much better.

Imagine that.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your road trip, and the lessons to be learned. What a wonderful opportunity to fellowship and worship in His Glory. Fortifying your Faith, what a beautiful thing for you two ladies to share with each other. I'll be praying for a safe journey, a peaceful one and joyful one. Best part is, you get to worship and then come back and share all that you learned and care to share with the rest of us so the rest of us get to join in on the worshipping as well and share with others. Ahhh the "Godly Virus", gotta love it.

"As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more."
2 Corinthians 3:18