Friday, October 12, 2007

Well...........

Well, Okay........... yesterday it was almost a perfect "Patti day." Now understand, I went grocery shopping........ i bought the twizzler licorice for the kiddo's, I even bought a small bag of mini choc bars. NOT a problem. didn't touch them, actually had no desire to touch them. All this dang "healthy" food has kept me full. BUT, and I must say, Christina stopped here to pick up Katie to take her to get her hair cut, still no problem.............. And Christina brought a plate of those mini little ladylock cookies ..... yes, I know can you believe she did that..... I know she does it because my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE her baking. but still!!! The good thing is though, I had 2 tiny little cookies........ when I could normally, and have done before, eaten 10 at one sitting. So i didn't let these two little cookies totally kill my evening.......... the old me would have been upset, and once i "cheated" would have figured what the H%#$ and then I would have eaten a dozen of those cookies, and then since i already screwed up I would have eaten the chocolate bars, and prob would have mindlessly eaten the twizzlers. And since i ate all that "junk" why bother eating the lean protein, complex carbs and fresh veggies??? So you see how the cycles would go. So i sat down with a cup of coffee and had two little cookies. So i made it 5.5 Patti days......... not bad.

Chris cannot go to Curves this morning. And I must say in my head, I keep saying.......or it's that dang "fat devil" saying..........." don't go to Curves this morning, you have such a busy day today. you have to leave to take Andrew to the doctors, and then you are going to help you bestest friend get ready for the wedding" and my poor healthy angel is saying ....
"come on Sandi, you leave for your appointment at 11:15am, go to Curves first thing this morning, you'll be back before you know it with plenty of time to get ready for the doctor appointment. If you don't go now.....YOU will NOT get there for 3 sessions this week. and that was your goal"....... Ah, these voices in my head. Does anyone else hear these voices too? So of course i plan on going to Curves....... I will get back on this morning before 11 am to tell you if I went or not. If i do go, this is a big step in recovering from the dip I've experienced as of late. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me also, I just want to try and make things as easy as possible so that Christina can enjoy her sons wedding and not have to "work" it..... Ahhhhhhhhh, Chris. Sunday will be here before you know it. I know you went from a crazy busy summer at the golf course, ...... directly into planning/cooking/baking/cleaning/preparing for this wedding. Soon my friend, you will get to enjoy some YOU time. at least that is my hope.
Well got to go, Have a great weekend......... it will be, if you decide to make it such!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Well, I am back from Curves. I did go....... and It was one of the hardest workouts I've ever done there.... my muscles actually "burned" during the last 5 seconds of each machine. When I was done.......... I could not go through one more circuit. Came home, made a 2 egg scramble with 1 serving of Turkey sausage, 1 slice of low fat Swiss cheese, and 1 slice of whole grain /flax/ fiber bread toasted.......... yummy!!! oh I also drank 16 oz of H2O. just in case Andrew wants to stop at a drive thru..... i am packing an apple and 1/2 sandwich........ baked ham, lettuce tomato and a "schmear" as Patti says of Light Mayo. So I won't be tempted.

1 comment:

Patti Rambles On said...

I'll still so proud of you.
Two cookies isn't the end of the world and, like you said, it could have been more.
Kudos for going to Curves!
And double kudos for planning ahead and taking some food.